Meridian Tonight News Item

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Meridian Tonight News Item

Postby porterm » 26 Sep 2003, 23:33

Hello all,

I hope you all caught the surprise Dreamland story on Friday's Merdian Tonight news show; I just switched on in time! Sadly, however, during setting the VCR my cable transmission kept screen freezing and breaking up the sound (thanks very much Telewest Broadband!)

I managed to record the late news bulletin via old-fashioned anologue aerial, but it was an abridged version of the 6 o'clock news. Such is life; maybe someone else had more success. The earlier item featured a chat with John Husband, the Scenic engineer (rather inaudible for me) and a mention that the park is to open briefly during the October half-term school holidays. Also some nice old news reel footage. Well done Meridian, even if they were unable to attend for our Roaring 20's Night.

Martin :)
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum