A Final Thankyou

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

A Final Thankyou

Postby dave771 » 29 Sep 2003, 18:59

Hi its Dave from the Scenic Railway, just wanted to say thanks to a few people now that we have ended running the Scenic for this season but hopefully not the last.

Firstly I would like to thank John Husband for maintaining the ride since we opened in May, and to Simon Goodenough who has put in many unpaid hours to keep the ride running especially through very difficult times at the beginning of August, also to his wife Tina for all her help and great lunch making skills! and children Adam and Kelly whos token counting and tea making has been very much appreciated.

Sam Barnett who is a very close friend of mine who has also helped to do a lot on the ride especially during the time when someone I would rather not mention parted company with us.

Dave Wells and Mark Bucknall for all their efforts in keeping the grass cut and grounds tidy and all their work on the 20's night doing lighting and other effects to make it the great night that it was.

20's night - thanks to the following, Dave Wells, Mark Bucknall, Richard Foster, Justin Garvanovic, Sarah Vickery, Ian Mansfield, Mark Riley and all of you who took part in the event.

And not forgetting - Martin Porter, Andy Hine, Alan Cooksey, Dan Spooner, Nick Laister, AJ, Chloe Abbott, Vince Charlie and Sam, and the countless other people whose names I cant think of at the moment who have shown their support this season!

I think thats all there is to say now, I am off on holiday tomorow to Corfu for a week so thankx again to you all and will be back on here next Wednesday,

Dave
dave771

Postby TripsMonkey » 29 Sep 2003, 19:29

It was good to meet you for the first time yesterday. Thanks for all the hard work and keeping such a classic ride well maintained and run over the last year. I know it's not been easy!!

Enjoy your hols and hope to see you again next year

John Livesey
--
Park Liason
European Coaster Club
TripsMonkey

Postby coasternutter » 29 Sep 2003, 20:47

Enjoy your well deserved holiday.
See you next Year?
Robert Nutter
coasternutter

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 03 Oct 2003, 20:05

Hi Dave,

We don`t deserve any thanks, all we did was enjoy ourselves!

You, Simon and John are the ones who deserve to be thanked for everything you did to keep the Scenic Railway running this year, and for being so hospitable.

We are keeping our fingers crossed regarding next season- I personally think that we will be riding again.

I said to you that I would be willing to help out over the winter with anything that needed doing- repairs, painting, new wood etc- and I meant that. If you ever need an extra pair of hands, you only have to say. I am sure there are many other people who would give their spare time on a voluntary basis to keep the Scenic running.

Thanks again.

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Cheryl » 07 Oct 2003, 09:45

Hello Dave

Hope you had a good holiday. Vince, Charlie and Sam have said it all.

You know Gez and myself will also volunteer, we may be in Birmingham but we do get to Margate a lot. Even more so this year to patronise Dreamland as much as we can.

Just say the word.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby coastercrazydan » 07 Oct 2003, 11:39

I would like to say thankyou to all the staff for a great two weekends and how to the staff who made me feel welcome, anyway I hope I done something as I dont think I did anything to help the campagne anyway atleast I riddern the coaster now.

Ps: Have a good holiday, I am flying back to England myself to day from Benidorm.

Thank to all for a good time -

Daniel spooner
coastercrazydan

Postby dave771 » 09 Oct 2003, 16:18

Hi to you all,

Have just got back from Corfu and had a great time and a nice relaxing week away from the Scenic and the park. I have spoken to Dave Wallis from Carousel Fun today and I will be returning to the Scenic to work for him for nine days starting the 25th October and the rides will still be charged at 1 disc/50p per ride, have also spoken to Barry Moss from Dreamland Leisure regarding the park for next year but he is not in a position to discuss it any further at the moment but as soon as something is agreed I will let you all know,

Dave
dave771

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum