Simon Faithful's "Dreamland" Work at The Turner Ce

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Simon Faithful's "Dreamland" Work at The Turner Ce

Postby porterm » 16 Nov 2003, 18:05

Hi all,

I heard last weekend on BBC Radio Kent that Simon Faithful's artwork called "Dreamland" is now on display at the Turner Centre, The Droithouse, Margate. (Apologies for any mis-spelling there as I do not know this building; I trust a local person can confirm where exactly it is). I understood the new Turner Centre is not yet built, so I trust this exhibition is housed in an older building.

I believe this artist was mentioned earlier this year within this site's "latest news".

I'm not exactly an art fan but it could be interesting to view it if you're in the area. They didn't mention if it was free admission though!

Martin :roll:

PS Simon mentioned some e-mail he was sending out to interested parties displaying a particular animated drawing each day. However, he was cut short at the end ot the show so failed to mention how one could apply for this. Does anyone know how one can apply if interested?
porterm

Postby Sarah » 16 Nov 2003, 20:52

The Droit House is the Visitor Interpretation Centre for the Turner Centre (catchy huh?). It is on the Pier directly in front of the Rendezvous Car Park and is free admission (closed Sundays and Mondays).

Simon's work can also be viewed at www.simonfaithfull.org/dreamland

Sarah
Sarah

Postby porterm » 17 Nov 2003, 20:39

Sarah,

Thank you for the information. I may try to get down some time. Hope things are going well for you.

Martin
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum