Locations of past rides ?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Postby DN » 25 Sep 2008, 16:22

I dont remember the Mary Rose having seatbelts, im sure in thelast season of Bemboms owning the park, they moved it from the car park entrance to the back near the Looping Star, but i dont recall seatbelts. How strange, those restraints were unique and worked quite well i thought.
Shame the Black Pearl is in bad shape, though i guess its over 25 years old now, the Traum Boot in Slagharen has had all the sails and fascade removed hasnt it ?

Have fun in Blackpool, went last year, was excellent, definitely a fave of mine.
DN

Postby zamfir » 25 Sep 2008, 16:25

Yeah those bits have been removed from the Dream Boat, as has the "Looping Star" sign above the Looping Star.

Cheers mate, Grand National and Wild Mouse, here we come!!
zamfir

Postby dreamland » 25 Sep 2008, 18:37

DN , i knew about them photos of bemboms 2 years ago on that uk rides website
dreamland

Postby DN » 25 Sep 2008, 20:11

How nice

However others on this forum may not have been aware, so its all good
DN

Postby dreamland » 26 Sep 2008, 12:56

DN at the time I did not know how to post the website with the photos on the forum , but i've learnt a lot since then.
dreamland

Postby SJ » 26 Oct 2008, 20:50

One set of dodgems is in Fort Fun in Eastbourne along with the balloon juvenile ride
WWW.ATFOTF.COM/FORUM
The best fun fair forum in the world
SJ

Re: Locations of past rides ?

Postby Insider » 27 Jul 2012, 19:09

Hello @ all,

MELODY SWING - Beautiful Ride, stayed at Dreamland for a few seasons after JG took over, shoved in the back, wherabouts now ? I dont know
maybe I can help you to detect this ride again.
At first, I'm a new meber of this interesting side from Germany. I like this big ride also so much that I surch for them over 30 years - yes indeed.
Because I spend a lot of time on it in my youth.
The owner, Theo Lehmann, was an dj expert and the sound and music of the ride was famous..really.
I collect all news and pictues about them. (I hope my English is enough for you to understand)
History of it: The ride was built by Anton Schwarzkopf rides in 1978. The fist time of kick Off was in Freiburg/Germany. The ride travelled over 4 years in the southern area (Baden- Wuerttemberg) of Germany. But the ride was to heavy and so the owner sold them for a new ride.
Bembom Brothers bought it with other rides to give them a new chance in Margate and it was a good choice.
So I recognized that many people werde happy about this big ride. It was liked very much and relibled all the time in England . In 2000?? after the insolvency of the Bembom Brothers, the ride was bought by an Swiss Showmann, Mr. Münger. He repaired and modified the Melodie Swing an took the ride to a tournee to Moskau/ Russia togehter with other colleques. But it was an horrible experience for all international showmens. After a several months, the Russians confiscated all rides and it was an dangerous situation for the showmens.
Mr. Münger was not able to pay the expensive duty fees....so he returned home again without business in 2003!! - really.
Till 2011 I have heard nothing more of the business.
But in Winter last year, I found an sales offer by an russian comany.. please have a look!

http://www.inpark.su/sell/spec/?item_id=13

So, this is my contribution for You - enjoy!

If you need more informations, dont hesitate to ask!
regards from Germany...Inisider
Insider

Postby barcrest » 31 Jul 2012, 13:23

That is a crazy story about what happened in Russia, would make sense that the ride is still there.

Also didn't someone findout that the big wheel is alive and well and operating in mexico not left to rot as was thought originally.
barcrest

Postby Mikeh » 30 Sep 2012, 14:29

yep that was me :)

5th post
viewtopic.php?t=2461
Mikeh

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 19 Nov 2012, 23:29

Talk about corruption.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.