Dreamland Feasability Study

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland Feasability Study

Postby Bob23 » 30 Nov 2003, 21:30

Has anyone carried out any kind of Business plan for the Dreamland site.
What would be its target market. What minimum size would it need to be.
What sort of rides & facilities etc.

Given its current rundown condition looking like a back street car park I would guess it needs a considerably upgrade to make it a viable attraction. People nowadays expect a much higher standard of facilities. Probably needs some serious landscaping as well. I guess to bring it upto standard will cost serious money. Anyone care to speculate how many millions ?
Bob23

Postby Nick » 01 Dec 2003, 12:43

I can confirm that feasibility studies have been carried out by operators who are interested in acquiring Dreamland and investing in it. It will need several million pounds to upgrade the infrastructure, rides and attractions to modern day standards, but the business plans have shown that it would be viable. Obviously this type of thing is very confidential, and there is little more that we at the campaign can say about this at the moment.

Nick
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum