Information wanted

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Information wanted

Postby Nick » 26 Jun 2009, 19:31

I have been contacted by Kathryn Marsh, who has sent the following message and asked me to post it onto this forum in case anybody can help:

"My grandfather, Walter Littlewood, was, I have been told, manager of Dreamland at some time after the war. I have no pictures of him - he was estranged from his wife and children - but I suspect, just working from likenesses, that he may be the unidentified individual in the photo of Bill Sedgewick

If anyone has any records mentioning my grandfather I would be very grateful. I have tried in vain to find information about him between
1918 and his death. My father stayed in touch with him but never introduced us to him - in fact didn't tell me I was living close to him when I lived in Ashford in 1966."

If you can help, either post here or email me.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum