So Whats Left At Dreamland?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

So Whats Left At Dreamland?

Postby AJ » 12 Jan 2004, 11:53

I've heard BoB Wilson has got the Log Flume and now the Waltzer has gone whats left?
AJ

Rides at Dreamland

Postby dave771 » 12 Jan 2004, 18:30

Hi all, heres a list of whats left at the park,

Wild Mouse, Helter Skelter, Mirror Maze, Blue Bullet Coaster, Trabant, Go Karts, Dodgems, Sombrero, Mine Train, Safari Train, Regatta, Mini Dodgems, Balloon Ride, Ghost Train, Major Orbit, Gallopers and Galaxy, and of course the Scenic Railway! so the only decent adult rides left are Scenic, Wild Mouse, Go Karts, Dodgems, Sombrero and Regatta and a couple of those are pretty C*** as we all know,

From what ive heard all of the rides are still beind advertised for sale in Worlds Fair,

Dave
dave771

Postby AJ » 12 Jan 2004, 23:43

Cheers Dave! A speedy reply as ever.
AJ

Re: So Whats Left At Dreamland?

Postby Neil » 17 Jan 2004, 10:42

AJ wrote:I've heard BoB Wilson has got the Log Flume and now the Waltzer has gone whats left?

Does this mean that the Log Flume will be travelling with the fun fair. If so it may come to my home town of Banbury. Banbury Fair was dissapointing last year, so lets hope some it's former spice is coming back.

As for Dreamland I am still looking forwards to a final final visit next year if only for the Scenic Railway. Good Luck and thankyou to everyone who is appearing as witnesses... at the court case.
Neil Wilson
Neil

Postby dave771 » 17 Jan 2004, 18:24

The Log Drop is having a major refit over the winter months from what i have heard and will be travelling for the 2004 season, I still dont have any definate news about the park opening this season but as and when i do will let you all know,

Dave
dave771

Re: So Whats Left At Dreamland?

Postby Martin » 02 Feb 2004, 22:41

Neil wrote:
AJ wrote:I've heard BoB Wilson has got the Log Flume and now the Waltzer has gone whats left?

Does this mean that the Log Flume will be travelling with the fun fair. If so it may come to my home town of Banbury. Banbury Fair was dissapointing last year, so lets hope some it's former spice is coming back.

Banbury normally clashes with Hull Fair and they usually have equipment at the giant Yorkshire event.
Martin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum