Whats Happening? What can we do?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Whats Happening? What can we do?

Postby Lou » 31 Jan 2004, 14:44

Hi Everyone, well although new to the campaign, I have been a Dreamland supporter since i was little. My dad used to run one of the sideshows in Dreamland and i have many happy memories.
We must all work together to get Dreamland back on its feet, it can be done and lets face it what has Margate got if Dreamland goes?
I remember a Dreamland with individuals that were also characters, they would have been devestated at how Dreamland is slowly being murdered.
Lets get together and work towards bringing it back to life.....its not to late
Lou

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 31 Jan 2004, 20:42

Hello Lou, welcome along.

Don`t think you`ll find anyone who disagrees with you on this one......

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Sarah » 01 Feb 2004, 21:09

Hello Lou

Now you have signed up to the Campaign you will receive updates via email. These will notify you of any Campaign events and let you know if we need you to take action in any way. So don't worry - if there's something to be done we'll tell you!

In the meantime, the best thing you can do is tell lots of people about what's happening at Dreamland and pass on the site address; there really is strength in numbers.

Sarah
Sarah

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum