Dreamland

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland

Postby tomtom » 04 Dec 2009, 08:02

Hi im tom im 19 and would love to see dreamland re-developed, i remember going there when i was younger and having great days out even though i only live around the corner. Having it re-developed wont just bring in the wealth to the dreamland site it will also attract people to the cinema, the arcades, beaches historic town, turner centre and possibly bring back the buisnesses to our lacking highstreet. I feel disheartened when people slate off margate saying it's a horrible discusting dated town. Im proud of where i live and would like to see some money spent on margate instead of the thousands and thousands of pounds the council has spent on raising bus stop curbs 1 and a half inches and thousands of pounds on uneciccery new traffic lights at the QEQM hospital.
Personaly i think that all the arcades and sea front should be kept as they are with traditional signs unlike the new arcade with the boring back lit sign and sun beds. and to improve the appearance a lick of paint on the buildings above the arcades to improve appearances. Im sure plenty of people in margate would volunteer to paint them and therefore probrably only costing a couple of thousand to freshen up the seafront. I for one would volunteer to paint the buildings anyone else up for that? sureley if thanet council can fork out for curbs, traffic lights and shag pile carpets in their offices they can afford a couple of thousand for paint aye :) ?
tomtom

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum