Fairground organs in the new heritage park

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Postby EAS » 21 Apr 2010, 16:39

I'm sure that those 'in charge' of the future of Dreamland, being as they are skilled, intelligent, resourceful people, will have it all in hand.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 22 Apr 2010, 00:31

Well, we can't rely on them for everything. They count on us to do some of the legwork, which I'm happy to do, even if it is from half way around the world.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

MECHANICAL ORGAN OWNERS SOCIETY

Postby "KING OF THE FLUMER » 14 Apr 2011, 10:52

As a member of this organisation myself i myself have an organ,which is one of the small hand cranked "Monkey organs" (what ever you like to call them) and i would like to investigate the possibility of having a gathering of mechanical organs both large and small around the dreamland site and if possible in the town also to raise funds for the scenic Railway restoration appeal we have had similar events elsewhere previously.Any ideas and suggestions please on this.
As "KING OF THE FLUMERS" I myself many years ago experienced the now historic SCENIC RAILWAY,It is my greatest wish to see it restored to its former glory and splendor and to experience it once again.
"KING OF THE FLUMER

Postby blue » 14 Apr 2011, 13:00

Im not sure if this should be on this subject or on its own topic but here goes anyway.

What ever happened to the old traction engine with the dwarfs climbing all over it just inside the entrance to the park?

Did that not play music, or was it just something to view?
blue

Postby dave771 » 14 Apr 2011, 15:28

I would suggest contacting Jan Leandro at the Dreamland Trust via www.dreamlandmargate.com
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Previous

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum