On a lighter note...

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

On a lighter note...

Postby Sarah » 16 Feb 2004, 18:56

I won't pass any comment on the following, except to say that my hilarity on reading it caused some concern amongst fellow passengers on the Margate to Victoria train.

Obviously, any views expressed in the Isle of Thanet Gazette in no way reflect the views of the Save Dreamland Campaign.

Sarah

From the Isle of Thanet Gazette Letters Page, 13 Feb:

"Give him a medal
As a former pilot I was pondering if Thanet Council has considered contacting the German government to nominate Jimmy Godden for an Iron Cross. He has been unfortunate enough to be connected to the destruction of this area on a scale the Luftwaffe could not better.
Ramsgate seafront, Margate seafront, Folkestone seafront and now it seems the hotels at Cliftonville. Surely bad luck on this scale deserves some recognition?
Group Capt Tony Bennett (RAF retired), Ramsgate."
Sarah

Postby Alan » 17 Feb 2004, 20:01

Hi sarah,
Only one medal ? He is tring his best.

Alan
Alan

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 21 Feb 2004, 21:29

I can`t think of anything at all which Mr Godden has done for years which has been positive for the area. All of his decisions seem to have been designed purely to increase his personal wealth.

You would have thought that 30 million was enough, but apparently not.

I suppose he`s got his point of view though. If you ever visit this forum Jimmy, as I suspect you do, then you are welcome to "say your thing".

Vince
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby coasternutter » 21 Feb 2004, 22:39

The problem with putting your money into property or land is that you can only free up the money when it is sold, or when you claim on the insurance.
coasternutter

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum