Another Letter?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Another Letter?

Postby Cheryl » 25 Feb 2004, 12:16

Sarah you have started a trend regarding letters in the Gazette!

I understand there was a letter in last Friday's Gazette from a local Councillor requesting the removal of the Scenic Railway to its new seafront location! I just find it so amazing they they appear to be totally oblivious to well documented information provided by the Campaign. If they did take note they would know that the Scenic Railway cannot be removed and it is not economically viable to do so as majority of the wood could not be saved.

Secondly, it is well known that a major theme park operator wishes to acquire the site, coupled with the excellent news of the attendance figures I thought this would finally convince the council what an attraction Dreamland is/could be. Yet the 'powers that be' talk as though Dreamland is already dead and buried. T.D.C. regularly talk of tourism, they need to prove it - talk is cheap. :cry:
Cheryl
Cheryl

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum