Thank You

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Thank You

Postby strongbow » 03 Jun 2010, 00:47

Thanks to everyone for organising the Carters weekend It cant have been easy :) on my visit all I saw was happy people it was fantastic
I think I even spied mr collard doing his stuff on teddy andrews old ark ;)
I was amazed at the arcade cos as a child I never won on those ball bearing flicker games at Margate I won twice LOL I think the only thing missing from the line up was the adult chairs. and the jets The jets didnt sell in Carters auction last year and they are fantastic to ride.
I think many would agree that the standard of carters equiptment is fantastic and the artwork I believe done by Anna Carter brings back the beauty and character of the machines unlike todays artwork of airbrush pop stars all in pink and purple LOL
This bank holiday Margate was a pleasure to be at Thanks again to all involved with this project
strongbow

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum