the main thing on my list this year is for dreamland to open

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

the main thing on my list this year is for dreamland to open

Postby dreamland » 23 Mar 2004, 12:34

it has to open it means so much to me that it opens,if it doesent it will be the first time in 84 years that it hasent opened.the scenic railway rules.when i was a kid i dident take much interest in the scenic railway.i liked other rides like the looping star and mary rose.but now that ive got older and now with the campain ive realised the the scenic is more important than anything else.its the main attraction.i think the councill are involved with the campain.but if there not they should be.instaed of buying a load of rocks and putting them on marine terrace they should be thinking about more inportant things like dreamland and the scenic railway.dreamland is a must to continue for margate.like it used to be,like a proper themepark with rides jam packed every where like when it was bemboms.id love to see another big wheel there.or another ferris wheel where the big wheel stood.just to get that vibe back,and for the great memories.i live in margate and allways will.margate rules.
dreamland

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum