Memorial Concert details for Fiona Day (SDC member/helper)

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Memorial Concert details for Fiona Day (SDC member/helper)

Postby DaveD » 28 Feb 2011, 12:56

Hi all,

Some of you will know about this already but I just wanted to post the details on here for Fi's memorial concert that will be happening on the evening of 2nd April 2011 if anyone would like to attend or make a donation. Thank you to all the people who have responded already, i'm extremely, extremely grateful.

Fiona Day Memorial Concert - A celebration of the life of Fiona Louise Day 19/12/1977 - 28/11/2010

Being held at the Royal Air Force Association Club, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 5SL on 2nd April 2011 from 7.30pm until 12.00.

Performing live will be :

Alex Collins (Eskimo)
Juice
Rik Waller

All the performers knew Fi personally and will be performing a Take That number in her memory.

Also DJ Hairy Vince who will be comparing, as well as various speakers on the night who will be sharing their thoughts, memories and anecdotes of Fiona. There is a very reasonably priced bar at club prices and a free buffet.

There will also be a suggested donation box on the door of around £5/£10 or whatever you feel is appropriate or can afford, which will go to the Fiona Day Memorial Fund to raise money for a bench and plaque in Devon which she loved dearly, as well as a donation to Maidstone Hospital. There will also be a Raffle on the evening with all proceeds going to the fund.

We hope that the evening can be a true celebration of Fiona's life; she was a happy, upbeat person who loved music, people, having a good time and the event represents everything that she truly was and is.
DaveD

Postby DaveD » 04 Apr 2011, 13:40

Hi all,

Just to say a quick message that Fi's memorial concert went extremely well - the turnout and support was amazing and we raised around £700 for her memorial bench. It was a wonderful, heartwarming celebration of her life and represented everything she was as a person.

A big thank you to Paul, Rhyannon and Martin for being a part of it - words aren't enough to express how grateful I am. Thank you.

Dave D
DaveD

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum