Thanet Tourism on BBC South East News

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Thanet Tourism on BBC South East News

Postby porterm » 15 Mar 2011, 00:59

Just managed to catch the above item on the evening local news bulletin last night. The item featured right near the end of the programme; I was rather surprised to suddenly see Sarah in the Shell Grotto. I thought it was a good idea to try to link up all the local tourist attractions to cross-attract visitors.

Sadly no mention was made reference the Margate Caves but the tourism event was pretty well featured I thought.

Anyone who missed the above can catch-up on the following link for a short time; http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006pfp8

Martin

PS Great plug for Dreamland and local guest houses Sarah!
porterm

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 25 Mar 2011, 00:18

Yes, the council or maybe even the Campaign needs to think about getting a brochure together with all the participating attractions. The more there is to offer and the more info there is, the more cross traffic each place will get.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum