Scott May's Daredevil Stunt Show

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Scott May's Daredevil Stunt Show

Postby dave771 » 30 Mar 2011, 17:25

For one day only ! SUN 24th – Dreamland Amusement Park – Margate – TWO SHOWS TODAY – First show starts 3:00pm – Gate opens 1:30pm : Second show starts 7:30pm – Gate opens 6:00pm

For more info please visit www.scottmaydaredevil.co.uk
Last edited by dave771 on 30 Apr 2011, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby porterm » 22 Apr 2011, 11:53

Hi Dave

I sadly cannot really justify the financial outlay for this event at present. Hope all goes well though; just watch out for that fire show element!

Martin

PS Just wondered if there were any discounted tickets available as the website quoted £12 for adults and children £6.
porterm

Tragic News Tonight

Postby Gary » 25 Apr 2011, 20:06

Tragic News Tonight

A man aged in his 20s died tonight during the Scott May stunt show..

The spokesman added: "Kent Police is advising people due to travel to the evening daredevil stunt show that it has been cancelled."

A statement on the Scott May website states: "With our apologies, due to unforeseen circumstances all shows have been cancelled until further notice."

Scott May's Daredevil Stuntshow has been touring in the UK since 1991 and features motorbike and monster trunk stunts.

The Kent Police spokesman said that the man who died was 23 years old and his next-of-kin had been informed.

He said: "He was taken to Maidstone General Hospital but died shortly afterwards. His next-of-kin have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified."
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby dave771 » 25 Apr 2011, 21:49

I was informed of this tragic incident earlier this evening. After meeting Scott and his team at Dreamland yesterday I would like to say thank you for an amazing show at the park and of course our thoughts go out to him and his team and the gentleman's family at this sad time.
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby porterm » 26 Apr 2011, 18:27

Here's a link to Meridian Tonight's News featured tragic item for anyone who wanted to see; http://www.itv.com/meridian-east/

It probably won't be up for more than a day as it's a video item. This tragedy happened at Detling Showground just outside my home town.

I didn't hear about this until late this afternoon via radio news.

Martin
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum