National coverage

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

National coverage

Postby Sarah » 08 Apr 2004, 10:22

Just to let you all know that The Times (THE Times, not the Thanet Times!) carries a small story about the Campaign and the "masterplan" on page 8 today.

Sarah
Sarah

chris here from margate.thank you sarah

Postby dreamland » 08 Apr 2004, 11:31

hi chris here.thanks for letting us know about the story in the times. :)
dreamland

Postby porf » 08 Apr 2004, 13:27

For anyone who can't get hold of a printed copy you can find the article at http://www.timesonline.co.uk. Enter Dreamland in the search box and it will return a link to the article.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

National Coverage

Postby porterm » 08 Apr 2004, 20:55

Hello all,

Great to see some high profile media coverage on Dreamland's future. I think it is critical to keep the park in the public's conscience, especially if the park is not to open this season.

Also, I thought it would be a good idea if the local TV and radio stations could be used to publicise the Masterplan and how the public may get involved if they want to save the park and the Scenic Railway. (I must say I haven't got to see Meridian News lately so cannot confirm if they have already featured any item(s) on this). Please can anyone clarify the position here, or maybe I will contact Meridian via my previous contact I used for last year's Roaring 20's Night etc.

Martin

(about to finally reply to the online Masterplan)
porterm

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum