Is this for real?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Is this for real?

Postby Busheyfields » 28 Apr 2011, 18:49

Came across this on the I love dreamland Facebook page, has this been arranged by the Dreamland Trust or the current owners of the land?
If genuine seems very good price structure but with Carters due at the end of May I would have thought this could negatively impact on their potential takings.

I <3 Dreamland John Davis funfair opening at Dreamland, Margate on Saturday 30th April until Sunday 15th May. Opening times are 1pm - 5pm and 5pm - 9pm weekends and Bank Holidays. Weekdays open 5pm -9pm. Purchase wristbands on the gate for each session. £...4.99 for family and children's rides or £7.99 for adult wristbands to use on all rides. Check out our latest photo album for a selection of the rides available or visit John's website at www.johndavisfunfairs.co.uk Please be aware that height restrictions do apply on some rides.
Busheyfields

Postby dave771 » 28 Apr 2011, 21:47

This has not been arranged by the Dreamland Trust but by the site owners. Carter's are a very different type of fair and I see no reason why both fairs cannot do well on the site.
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby Nick » 30 Apr 2011, 12:44

Well I hope they will both do well as we would be running rides on the park all season long.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum