Memories of Dreamland: Can you help?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Memories of Dreamland: Can you help?

Postby chrismajor21 » 13 Jun 2011, 00:08

Hi there,

My name is Chris and I'm a 2nd year Geography student at the University of Oxford. I've lived in Medway all my life and have many great memories of visiting Dreamland as a child. I've been following the progress of the Save Dreamland campaign closely over the years, and attended the Save Dreamland Convention with my Dad back in 2003.

I'm currently preparing for my dissertation, of which I am undertaking a study into memories of past emotion and experience at Dreamland. My approach will involve a series of in-depth interviews with past visitors to Dreamland, going as far back into the past as I can.

This is where I need help! If you've got memories of visiting Dreamland when you were younger, currently live somewhere in the Kent (or Oxfordshire!) area and would be willing to meet with me for an interview at some point in July, please get in touch! Or if you know of anyone that might be good for me to contact, that would be great also.

Either reply to this post, or contact me on christopher.major@mansfield.ox.ac.uk

Many thanks in advance!
chrismajor21

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum