Stage 2 Application submitted

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Stage 2 Application submitted

Postby Peet » 30 Sep 2011, 12:05

I've just seen this on the other website:
http://dreamlandmargate.wordpress.com/

I'm very pleased to hear that progress is being made, I suppose we just need to hope for the right decision in November. The page states that the application was made two months ago - is this correct or is it an error?

Further down it sounds like the CPO is going to a public inquiry (there are a few typing errors on that page which make it quite difficult to understand).
Peet

Postby Nick » 02 Oct 2011, 10:14

The report is correct that our application was submitted by the Dreamland Trust at the end of July. This will provide us with the final piece of funding that will allow the project to progress. If we are successful the funding won't be released until the CPO is concluded, which is likely to be spring next year.

It is possible that urgent works to the Scenic Railway could start before this, but this depends on our ability to use funding in advance of the land transferring.

I really do thank everybody for being so patient with this project as it has been very frustrating to say the least to have the funding largely in place and redevelopment plans completed without the ability to actually go on site and do more than the limited works allowed by the Urgent Works Notices. If we are successful with the CPO, this position will change and work on-site will start very quickly.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum