ICONIC SITE Margate... up for grabs!

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

ICONIC SITE Margate... up for grabs!

Postby EAS » 14 Oct 2011, 20:03

http://www.savebritainsheritage.org/new ... php?id=205

So... anyone up for rescuing it? Not far from Dreamland, VERY near Turner, all helps make Margate an attractive place to be...

Going cheap to right person...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby jo.clarinet » 15 Oct 2011, 07:01

I wish I had the means to take on this project - it is indeed an iconic site! Let's hope that someone sees its potential and will see fit to restore it rather than pulling it down......
jo.clarinet

Postby EAS » 15 Oct 2011, 14:24

I gather to the right person it will be given for a token sum, as long as there is a viable plan to repair and re-use it.

Handy for the Turner, it would make a great boutique hotel! I hope it isn't demolished too, I think it will be a huge mistake as Margate is going UP...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby Nick Evans » 27 Oct 2011, 18:52

I think you may be behind the times on this one. I thought Thanet Council had compulsorily purchased the site some time back with the aim of restoring it themselves and then either selling it on to recover costs or charge the previous owner. Sorry, I don't know any more and this may not be fully up to date?
Nick Evans

Postby EAS » 27 Oct 2011, 23:39

Yup Thanet owns it and see the link... it needs a new owner with some means of restoring it and re-using it, or it could well vanish... currently up for grabs.
EAS

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum