Drive the Dreamland Miniature Railway!

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Re: Drive the Dreamland Miniature Railway!

Postby nvincer » 26 Jul 2012, 21:03

Hello all,

Just a heads up before I announce it everywhere else, but the Dreamland Miniature Railway Pack is now available to order.

You can find all the details of the pack and how to obtain a copy from here -
http://www.bubblesrailways.co.uk.
If you are accessing the forum via the 'Savedreamland' domain name please use either the link Nick has posted below or search for 'Bubbles Railways' on Google to access the above site.

As I promised at the beginning of the project, a £2 donation will be passed to the Save Dreamland Project for every pack sold.

Any questions - email me on ben@bubblesrailways.co.uk

Thank you,

Ben
Last edited by nvincer on 02 Aug 2012, 22:22, edited 4 times in total.
nvincer

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 02 Aug 2012, 11:34

I've just tried to order it but when I try to pay, it won't open the PayPal page. I'm not sure if it's this laptop I'm trying to use but could someone else check it out and let me know? If it's a problem at my end I'll have a go when I get home.

EDIT. I've managed to order it now, by accessing the Bubble's Railways website through Google, for some reason I couldn't get it to work when clicking through the SDC website. So if anyone else does have the same problem then this is the workround.

I'll look forward to giving it a whirl on the PC, certainly the graphics shown on the SDC website during the construction of the game have been fascinating and I've enjoyed following the development of the project, excellent work Ben!
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby nvincer » 02 Aug 2012, 13:06

Thank you for pointing that out! It seems that the SDC forums cloak any external links and Paypal being secure (rightly so) gets confused about the linking address.

I have changed my post above accordingly.

I have recieved your order and will be packaging it up shortly!

Thanks,

Ben
nvincer

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 02 Aug 2012, 19:38

Many thanks Ben, fingers crossed it will be here on Saturday, Charlie and Sam's birthday. Fourteen years old, I can't believe it, those cute little toddlers who used to ride the Scenic Railway all afternoon every Saturday have turned into sulky, smelly adolescents!

Whenever it arrives, we'll give it a good work out, the boys have Microsoft TrainSim so they should have no problem understanding how it all works- though I probably will :oops: :oops: :oops: - and we'll write a review and post it here when we have mastered it.

I must say now though that I have been following this thread since it started and I'm amazed at the amount of research that has gone into this, and how eerily accurate it all looks in the screenshots which have been posted.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Nick » 02 Aug 2012, 20:47

nvincer wrote:Thank you for pointing that out! It seems that the SDC forums cloak any external links and Paypal being secure (rightly so) gets confused about the linking address.

I have changed my post above accordingly.

I have recieved your order and will be packaging it up shortly!

Thanks,

Ben

Ben - you can post a direct link. This problem will only affect people using this forum where the web address shows http://www.savedreamland.co.uk in the browser. This is because the forum is actually at index.php, but when people access it from the Save Dreamland website it has been set up to leave the Save Dreamland address in the browser. That confuses PayPal.

For most people, therefore, the link will work.

Anybody that is accessing PayPal where the web address still shows http://www.savedreamland.co.uk in the browser should simply cut and paste the following link into their browser and go to the forum again:

"http://www.joylandbooks.co.uk/forum/index.php" (without the quotations!)

I hope that helps.

Nick
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby nvincer » 02 Aug 2012, 22:22

Thank you for for that Nick - I have adjusted my post accordingly :)

On a slightside note...did you get my email? I only ask here because I have been having some trouble with that email account and attachments.

Thanks,

Ben
nvincer

Postby dreamland » 11 Aug 2012, 18:33

hello can someone please post some videos of this game in action ?
dreamland

Postby nvincer » 11 Aug 2012, 23:18

Vince, Charlie and Sam wrote:Many thanks Ben, fingers crossed it will be here on Saturday, Charlie and Sam's birthday. Fourteen years old, I can't believe it, those cute little toddlers who used to ride the Scenic Railway all afternoon every Saturday have turned into sulky, smelly adolescents!

Whenever it arrives, we'll give it a good work out, the boys have Microsoft TrainSim so they should have no problem understanding how it all works- though I probably will :oops: :oops: :oops: - and we'll write a review and post it here when we have mastered it.

I must say now though that I have been following this thread since it started and I'm amazed at the amount of research that has gone into this, and how eerily accurate it all looks in the screenshots which have been posted.

I must have missed this post! Sorry!

I hope the pack made it to you in good time and the boys had a fantastic birthday :)

Thank you for the comments, the wealth of material and writing about Dreamland made the job a pleasure to do.

Regards,

Ben
nvincer

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 12 Aug 2012, 15:25

We have a slight hiccup in that we can't find our copy of Trainsim, will rip the house apart next weekend to find it!
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby dreamland » 13 Aug 2012, 11:54

someone please help me and post some videos of this game in action on this site or on youtube !
dreamland

Postby dreamland » 14 Aug 2012, 11:27

has anyone actually recieved this game and started playing it ? i want some reviews of the game and feedback please
dreamland

Postby dreamland » 19 Aug 2012, 20:15

hello can anyone please help me ? ive installed the dreamland miniature railway route but not sure if its been done correctly ? when i play microsoft train simulator billie the train is there but there is no dreamland route in the list of the 6 routes that train simulator has , there is no way of driving the train , its so complicated !
dreamland

Postby nvincer » 20 Aug 2012, 08:33

Sorry to hear you are having problems, contact me on ben@bubblesrailways.co.uk outlining exactly what is working and what isn't working and I will help you solve your problem.

Thanks,

Ben
nvincer

Postby dreamland » 21 Aug 2012, 10:39

i keep asking this question but knowone seems to reply or help me , i would please like to see some videos of this game in action on youtube or here , can anyone put me out of my missary as im having trouble downloading this game , cheers
dreamland

Postby nvincer » 21 Aug 2012, 18:38

I have just tried recording a video for you, but my computer is not fast enough to manage it, so I won't be able to sorry. Is there anything in particular I could screenprint for you?

Ben
nvincer

Previous

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum