dreamland margate / bembom brothers the video game

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

dreamland margate / bembom brothers the video game

Postby Nick » 19 Mar 2012, 22:15

Forum member 'dreamland' has been having problems posting so has asked me to post this message for him:

"i have allways wished there would be a computer game of dreamland margate / bembom brothers , i have come up with some really good ideas , the only thing is i dont know anything about creating games and was hoping that someone on the save dreamland site will know how or at least know someone who knows about making computer games , the game will be based on dreamland in margate all through the decades its been open and the object of the game will be to run the park itself in the 1920s and operate the rides onride and offride and take people on as park cleaners and ride operators , the game itself will have to look axactly the same as dreamland did all through the decades its been open in the 1920s 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s 00s and allso build the rides and put them in there correct locations and you will play a character boy or girl to go on the rides and a adult for operating the rides , get animals for the animal cages ect , level 1 will be the 1920s and level 2 the 1930s and so on , and when your in the 1980s 1990s there can be an adventure with gus the ghost and have to explore where the ghost is and all the strange stuff that went on in dreamland when it was haunted and it can be a link to the murder that happened in dreamland , allso the scenic railway could catch fire and then you have to get the fire brigade in dreamland to put out the fire as the scenic has had at least 4 fires i think , so the game in a whole could be very fun and exiting for everyone and will certainly bring back memories and to actually run the park will be awesome ! im trying to think of some more ideas and hope that some others on the save dreamland site will have some ideas to , just imagine operating the scenic railway , mary rose , looping star in computer game version ! i want this to become a reality ! we need to get in contact with some game companys and see if they like the idea of it at least , i hope all of you that are reading this like my post and hope to hear other peoples views !".
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby barcrest » 20 Mar 2012, 09:01

This doesn't sound much different to the recreations done in roller coaster tycoon, with the addition of the ghost mini game. If there isn't a good enough recreation in that and all you want it to ride the rides and run the park this might be an avenue for you to explore.

As for creating a game then someone over on retro remakes might be up for doing something in a paltform style but it sounds like you want it to be all 3D, finding someone with the skills to make that happen and also someone to model all the rides might be harder especially as you are only appealing to a niche market.

I helped work on a remake of the game ELITE and finding people to help out on that was hard and that was one of the best know games of all time.
barcrest

Postby Nick » 20 Mar 2012, 22:56

A reply from 'dreamland', who is still having problems posting:

"the game would have to be called dreamland margate and it will have to look exactly like margate , as for roller coaster tycoon its a very hard game to even create rides and parks , i would need someone to do it all for me and put it on a disk allready downloaded ect as i would never have a clue as how to make such a game or as close as and building the rides , i would need other peoples help on this one , it has to happen it would be so cool , in my opinion dreamland margate is the best ever theme park in the world and that's a fact and allways has been , can someone please help my dream come true ?"
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
Nick
Site Admin

Postby vann98 » 22 Mar 2012, 23:11

I personally love the concept but am doubtful that that could ever happen. I mean out of all of the parks in the UK to have a game made after them, Dreamland is most likely one of the bottom on that list.
Nice idea but I can't see that many people buying it , mainly due to the fact that Dreamland has not technically existed for 8 years and would only appeal to a certain range of people.
vann98

Postby vince69619 » 23 Mar 2012, 12:39

Brilliant idea either way.

Vince.
vince69619

Postby Nick » 24 Mar 2012, 00:01

Another message from 'dreamland':

"well i want this to come true ! a computer game named after dreamland and based on dreamland and a game that looks exactly like dreamland will be my dream come true and im pretty sure all the save dreamland campaign members would agree with me , something has to be done about this and i would even pay good money for a game like this to be built , i dont think dreamland based on a game would be at the bottom of the list , i will be near the top as dreamland is and has been a very popular park for over 90 years ! i would do anything to make this happen ! just imagine playing it on your playstation or xbox ! i dont know anyone out there that knows how to create a game but if we could find someone willing enough to help me i would be most greatfull ! even if people think the game wont work for everyone maybe at least one could be created for save dreamland members so they can re live dreamland all through the decades and run the park and clean the park ect , take part in the side shows , be the breakman on the scenic would be great ! i dont know what other peoples views are on this idea but im up for it 100% and others on this site should well agree with me ? i want more members on this forum to take an interest in this please"
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum