Animating Dreamland Memories

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Animating Dreamland Memories

Postby jan@dreamlandmargate.com » 15 Apr 2012, 13:59

Award winning animation team, Animate and Create, will be in Margate to record and transcribe peoples’ Dreamland memories into a sound track for a series of short animation films being produced by 13-18 year olds.

If you worked, played, romanced or got up to mischief in Dreamland then come along and join us for a cup of tea and a chat on Saturday 21 April 2012 between 10am and 3pm at Marine Studios, 17 Albert Terrace, Margate CT9 1UJ. More info can be found on the Dreamland Trust’s website News & Events page http://dreamlandmargate.wordpress.com/.
Jan Leandro
Audience Development Officer
Dreamland Margate
jan@dreamlandmargate.com

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 15 Apr 2012, 19:39

I'll ask Charlie and Sam if they want to come along for a chat, they're 13 now so they'd be the same age as the people doing the animation and even though it's been seven years since they've been to Dreamland, they've both ridden the Scenic Railway well over a hundred times and still talk about it now, Dave gave us a guided tour of the workshop, machine room and train shed on their fifth birthday and they were made up with that.

I remember Dreamland from a much earlier time too, I remember the River Caves (although everybody always referred to them as "the Tubs"), the Astroglide, the Water Chute.

I'll see how we're fixed next weekend and post back here later in the week.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby jan@dreamlandmargate.com » 15 Apr 2012, 20:56

It will be lovely to see you all there. All ages welcome!
Jan Leandro
Audience Development Officer
Dreamland Margate
jan@dreamlandmargate.com

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 21 Apr 2012, 11:48

Well, was hoping to get along today and then go to the funfair but the boys both have viral laryngitis so that's out. :cry:
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum