Dreamland Live?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Postby porf » 11 Jun 2012, 16:22

THe new MTRC plan seems to be financialy viable. The Save Drealand Plan does not appear to be financiaklly viable so that will be a big influence on the Council they will not wish to be picking up the tab for a failed Save Dreamland plan

As ever Bob you make little sense.

How or why are the council going to be influenced in this way? They are supporting the Trust's plans and attempting to CPO the site which would stop MTCRC's plan!

I can cope with the spelling but please try and apply a little logic to your posts.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 11 Jun 2012, 18:40

Bob wrote:THe new MTRC plan seems to be financialy viable. The Save Drealand Plan does not appear to be financiaklly viable so that will be a big influence on the Council they will not wish to be picking up the tab for a failed Save Dreamland plan

Surely you could find a forum for folk who share your interests, whatever they are?

What you do is somewhat like me joining, say, the Manchester United F.C. forum, or a cake decorating forum, and constantly posting to say that I don't support Manchester United or that I think that cake decorating is boring.

It is a tribute to Nick's fairness that you haven't been banned from the Save Dreamland forum, because I can't think of any other forum where your constant trolling would be tolerated.

Come on Barry, Jim is dead now, you aren't his right-hand-man any more.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 12 Jun 2012, 23:45

Gee, I wish I were financiaklly viable, Bob.

Know what's really sad? We're his only friends and we can't stand him.
It must be a lonely life.
As for banning, I'd do one better. Most of these forums allow you to track members by IP address. It's be nice to find out just which dumpster this slob lives in.

I did spot Bob out at a local sporting event.
He must have won tickets in a hotdog eating contest.

Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby EAS » 13 Jun 2012, 00:42

Thanks for the Twitterfeed. I suspect I'll be blocked soon :0)

They are tweeting at people as though this was a done deal, as far as I know the results of the CPO have not yet been disclosed... and how much of a heritage amusement park will they be able to make on ther own?

I see they are trying to piggyback by using (abusing?) account names such as @TCMargate in the PR bull***t tweets.

Remember folks you don't want your Twitter accounts suspended for too many unsolicited tweets aimed at putting twitter users right who are being fed this BS, or reported as @spam so take it easy, but...

well, all's fair ...

@DreamlandTrust is the twitter of 'our' side. #FF
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby Cheryl » 16 Jun 2012, 12:27

Not too sure what MTCRC's game is here. When the CPO results are announced, if it goes in our favour, then they have made themselves look like spectacular buffoons.

If however, it goes against us and the result is what MTCRC are bragging about on twitter, I seriously think we should be demanding an inquiry as to how they knew the outcome before the official announcement.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby Bob » 17 Jun 2012, 18:01

porf wrote:
THe new MTRC plan seems to be financialy viable. The Save Drealand Plan does not appear to be financiaklly viable so that will be a big influence on the Council they will not wish to be picking up the tab for a failed Save Dreamland plan

As ever Bob you make little sense.

How or why are the council going to be influenced in this way? They are supporting the Trust's plans and attempting to CPO the site which would stop MTCRC's plan!

I can cope with the spelling but please try and apply a little logic to your posts.

The council have to act in the best interests of the council tax payers and the electorate so if the MTRC plan is proven to be viable they will have to give proper consideration to it regardless of the CPO

There is clearly very little interest in the Save Dreamland Plan. A handful of posterson here and even this Website has not been updated for several weeks
Bob

Postby AJ » 17 Jun 2012, 23:26

Ahh you must really be missing Jimmy. Poor old Barry its just like Greyfriars Bobby, do you sit all day by your masters grave side?
AJ

Postby EAS » 18 Jun 2012, 10:08

If the council wins the CPO then that's the council winning the Dreamland battle Bob.

As ever, you talk nonsense.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby vann98 » 18 Jun 2012, 12:16

There is clearly very little interest in the Save Dreamland Plan. A handful of posterson here and even this Website has not been updated for several weeks

First of all, it is a matter of waiting. How can the campaign update there news page if there is nothing new to report, it is simple. They will clearly update when news becomes available or when the CPO decision is decided on. It is not like they are simply refusing to inform us of any news,

Now you mentioned that there is little interest in the Dreamland plan as there are only a few posters here. Well tell me then Bob, where is the community forums for the MCTRC plans? Where is their public support

Again you seem to be assuming that only the posters here are interested in the campaign. You must surely realise the amount of potential visitors Dreamland will get when it reopens. Just because people don't post here, it does not mean that they are not interested in the park.

The MCTRC plan may attract local people and a few outsiders(I don't deny that) but lets be honest. It is hardly going to appeal to people nationwide is it.
vann98

Postby vince69619 » 18 Jun 2012, 17:18

Reading Bob's recent posts it's plain to me that he isn't even keeping up with what is happening and doesn't know anything, so his claims from a while ago about being part of 'the company' were completely bogus. I am completely convinced he's a troll and is just winding everyone up.

What he doesn't realise (and I have made this point before) is how much good he has done for the cause by rallying the troops to stand together and take action. Without Bob the people on this forum would have been less focused and determined.

Now that's made me think! Nick hasn't blocked Bob, I wonder if Nick IS Bob and Bob is Nick's secret rallying method! :lol:

Yes we are waiting for the results of the CPO and I guess the game is to keep your cards close to your chest at this stage!

Vince.
vince69619

MTCRC Rebirth; Dreamland (a)Live?

Postby porterm » 26 Jul 2012, 19:07

Hi all

Just caught an interesting, and as I anticipated, a rather potentially disturbing announcement from the current Dreamland site owners via Meridian Tonight news on ITV1 (UK television).

The link is here; http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2012-0 ... dreamland/

I was very pleased to hear the Meridian TV reporter cite the current owner's stark inaction regarding any preservation/infrastructure support and general maintenence since their tenure of this historic site. Well done to reporter Sarah Saunders; an excellent behind the scenes report with some very good shots of our cherished Scenic Railway (albeit in a rather poor current physical state).

I sincerely hope the CPO gets a positive outcome as soon as possible for our best vision to become reality.

Martin
porterm

Re: Dreamland Live?

Postby barcrest » 27 Jul 2012, 09:03

Wow the site looks really bad now, how long can the scenic be left before it ends up falling down on it's own. :(
barcrest

Postby Cheryl » 29 Jul 2012, 12:16

Just watched this smooth talker. Seems that they are trying to change public opinion by using the cost to the tax payer line and how the Heritage Park's plans are not sustainable and not fully funded etc. This tactic may work for them even if it is not true.

It is nearing August now, surely the result of the CPO must be verging on being announced? If we are successful, do they have a right of appeal? I really hope not, as we will then face even more years of arguing and wrangling, resulting in further decline of the Scenic Railway and tourist industry.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby vann98 » 30 Jul 2012, 16:05

Please someone tell me that if we win the CPO, we can go straight ahead with the plans and no more will be done to resist on MCTRC part.
This legal battle surely can't go on for much longer. There will be nothing left of Dreamland if something does not happen soon.
vann98

Postby vince69619 » 30 Jul 2012, 22:09

In my opinion, if the CPO goes our way and they can/do appeal then someone should see that they are taken over the coals for the state of the Scenic. It's a listed structure that they have neglected to maintain and bring back into order since the fire. Lack of insurance cover is no excuse at all, that's a business decision and if they have the money to build houses on the property they have money to sort out the listed structure that's on it.
vince69619

PreviousNext

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum