lets hope godden finds an operater

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

lets hope godden finds an operater

Postby dreamland » 04 May 2004, 22:13

in the thanet times today it says that godden is looking for an operater this year for the park.but if a circus or fair traveller gets it the scenic might not operate.i couldent believe it when i read it. godden having a change of heart. i hope it does open this year.but the waltzers will have to be cleared up first.you cant open it up with burnt out waltzers can you.lets keep our fingers crossed
dreamland

Postby coasternutter » 06 May 2004, 17:27

Well they are 2 big areas, Dreamland and Rotunda, which are not bringing in any income. So as a business man it makes sense to try and let them out. Lets hope no one takes up his offer.
coasternutter

Postby Cheryl » 07 May 2004, 09:33

Wasn't David Wallis interested in taking on Dreamland again? Perhaps at this late stage he has moved on to something else does anyone know?
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby dave771 » 07 May 2004, 17:12

Hi Cheryl, according to a colleague of mine from the park Dave Wallis has been to Margate and looked at a few sites but not sure if one of those was Dreamland or not, the last I heard was that Dave Wallis was in Ireland at a fair so whether he is staying in Ireland or not I couldnt tell you at the moment,

Dave
dave771

Postby Neil » 07 May 2004, 20:51

I would also love to see Dreamland open this year but I can't see it happening now. It says in the news section that it will take atleat two months to get the Scenic back up to a working standard whic means it proberly wouldn't be ready to operate until the end of the summer holidays. Opening it just for the end of the season would surely be unfinanially viable. I also an't see many people other than immediate locals an us wanting to go now that the logflume and Waltzers have also gone. However still I would be delighted if it did open. Lets hope something a bit more sustainable an be worked out for next year.

ps. I'm sorry about the spelling mistakes but the C key on my keyboard isn't working properly
Neil Wilson
Neil

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum