True Love

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

True Love

Postby Hairy Vince » 08 Jul 2012, 01:00

What did everyone else think of True Love - I thought it was a fab mini series with a great backdrop!
Hairy Vince

Re: True Love

Postby porf » 08 Jul 2012, 17:06

Errrmmm....

Maybe best if I just agree that the backdrop was great :wink:
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby Cheryl » 09 Jul 2012, 10:58

I watched all of them, sort of enjoyed it, at times I found it a bit slow and boring.

Yes the backdrop was great, except for the final episode - some of the close up shots of Arlington House were truly cringe worthy. If that doesn't highlight the need for this 'eyesore' to be renovated or better still demolished asap, I don't know what will.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby andy » 10 Jul 2012, 15:33

i liked the way that everywhere mentioned was actually there and not a made up place.

Cheryl, also on the subject of Arlington House, a friend who i have been trying for ages to get to come down to Margate loved the tower that now he is really keen to visit to see that more than anything! Different people, different tastes i guess!
andy

Postby vann98 » 10 Jul 2012, 20:23

Haha, to be fair, it is more likely to be listed than demolished.
While most see it as a bit of a concrete eyesore, some see it as a creative piece of architecture. Opinions really vary when it comes to Arlington.
Me. Well I am in the middle. I neither love nor hate it.

Shame as I missed the series. I will have to see if I can catch up with it somewhere else.
vann98

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum