So it goes on ....... appeal lodged

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

So it goes on ....... appeal lodged

Postby Cheryl » 18 Sep 2012, 20:00

I understand it is all over The Gazette that Dreamland Live have lodged an appeal.

What exactly do we now face, who do they appeal to and how much longer will this hold things up for. I sincerely hope this is not going to take years!

Do they need good reasons to appeal and what would they be? Is there any chance they could be successful with their appeal or are they doing it out of spite to make as much difficulty as possible.

Who pays for all of this?

Sorry there are so many questions, I hope someone knows the answers.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Re: So it goes on ....... appeal lodged

Postby vann98 » 18 Sep 2012, 21:50

I try to keep it real as I know they are just a business looking to stay afoot like all companies are, but the hatred I feel for that company is unreal.
I understand why they took the CPO to public inquiry, fair enough, but now it is getting to breaking point. It has been too long, too much money has been wasted on all these legal battles and the people want their Dreamland back. So many obstacles. Next thing I know is, they are going to try to appeal an apepal. It is ridiculous in my eyes. So bored with it all.

Plus, what I don't get is, this Toby Hunter seems to contradict himself. He states he feels the Heritage park will be a just a poor selection of rides on tarmac, when his plans include the Scenic, some 4d experience that doesn't raise by eyebrows in the slightest and a few odd rides. It just doesn't add up.

Anyway, I too would be interested to know the answers to those questions.
vann98

Postby vince69619 » 21 Sep 2012, 20:08

To me it would seem that it would be unlikely that there is anything else they could offer that would change the outcome.

Vince.
vince69619

Postby woody » 21 Sep 2012, 23:06

have they lodged an appeal? anyone got a link?
woody

Postby Gary » 29 Sep 2012, 08:02

The readers of The Thanet Gazette are on our side even if Mr Hunter and co are not...

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Council-takeover-Margate-s-Dreamland-backed-poll/story-17003899-detail/story.html
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Postby Cheryl » 29 Sep 2012, 13:22

Thanks Gary for posting the link to the Gazette article. Concerned at the word 'lengthy' being used regarding the appeal.

Looks like we may have a few more years to wait :roll: Hope we don't run out of money to fight this.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby woody » 29 Sep 2012, 21:36

hopefully we will know in the next few days if they actually have
woody

Postby thewonkydonkey » 05 Oct 2012, 17:30

Any news on the appeal yet ?
The Wonky Donkey Emporium
Classic Volkswagen & Porsche Restoration

http://www.wonkydonkeyemporium.co.uk
mail@wonkydonkeyemporium.co.uk
+447990 524054
thewonkydonkey

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 09 Oct 2012, 19:35

There's something to be said for bowing out gracefully.
At this point, they;re just trying to punish the public by costing them more money. In a perfect world, the appeal will be dismissed in short order.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby cliffc » 05 Nov 2012, 11:50

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:There's something to be said for bowing out gracefully.
At this point, they;re just trying to punish the public by costing them more money. In a perfect world, the appeal will be dismissed in short order.

Hi Jim

Unfortuantely this is England and the processes of law run slowly (unless of course your dealing with a bunch of looters in London) so even getting the a date for a 1st hearing could take months, then the hearing will take time and the final judges verdict more time, unfortuantley its entirely possible that this process could take years at at the least months, I think this is what thay are hoping for becasue if the the unfortuate was to happen and the senec became further damaged then it would help there case, however the council can place and urgent works order on the senic to force the work to be done to make it safe and secure.

Regards

Cliff C
cliffc

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum