Will Dreamland Be Restored?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

What will happen to dreamland?

The appeal will be won by the trust, Dreamland will be rebuilt!
88%
The appeal will be lost. Dreamland will be lost?
No votes
Other? and why?
13%

Total votes : 8

Will Dreamland Be Restored?

Postby Phillerz » 02 Dec 2012, 09:47

I know whats happening about the decision and previous rulings. The great effort that has been done and the over whelming public support.

However will the 'heritage' theme park be created as the trust hopes? Or will the appeal go against the trust?

I have followed dreamland every step. Ive read this forum many times. I am really a fan, ive just never posted. I get frustrated when i see the continual deterioration of dreamland and Margate as a whole. Thanet does has so much potential, to be what it once was. If dreamland does not get rebuilt then i do not believe anything else will happen. Another generation will grow up to be ashamed of coming from Thanet.

What are your gut instincts? Not what you want, but what you believe will happen?
Phillerz

Re: Will Dreamland Be Restored?

Postby smilerbaker » 04 Dec 2012, 15:32

I voted other, as we all know the legal system in the uk is slow at the best of times, and all the while the while they drag on with appeals etc the place gets that little bit worse day by day, there won't be anything left to save soon :(
smilerbaker

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 14 Dec 2012, 21:16

Phillerz,
As a newbie, you should read through the board. Vintage amusements are already being collected and work on the Cinema is being carried out already.
As long as the appeal is a bust, Dreamland's going forward.

See you all in 2014!
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Phillerz » 15 Dec 2012, 17:23

Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:Phillerz,
As a newbie, you should read through the board. Vintage amusements are already being collected and work on the Cinema is being carried out already.

See you all in 2014!

I am a newbie poster maybe. However i have been viewing this forum for years, only recently joining. I have followed it very clearly, but as someone who studies and deals with law daily! i know how the law works. You can get as many vintage rides as you like, but if the law is on their side then it will never happen. The law in the uk looks very seriously at the ownership of land, unlike how like how it does in many other countries. This post is on that basis.. And as the results showed... many people are clearly in doubt.

I want dreamland to open more then anyone that i know, i have followed it incredibly closely. Even if the appeal is won then it could go as far as European courts. This can all take years! By which time the scenic railway is rotten away, or even worst the name 'dreamland' or 'margate' becomes forgotten. So i believe my post was taking all these factors into account. And i believe the fact i am a 'newbie' is irrelevant.
Phillerz

Postby woody » 15 Dec 2012, 18:23

Phillerz wrote:
Jim Douglas Jr. wrote:Phillerz,

See you all in 2014!

I am a newbie poster maybe. However i have been viewing this forum for years, only recently joining. I have followed it very clearly, but as someone who studies and deals with law daily! i know how the law works. You can get as many vintage rides as you like, but if the law is on their side then it will never happen. The law in the uk looks very seriously at the ownership of land, unlike how like how it does in many other countries. This post is on that basis.. And as the results showed... many people are clearly in doubt.

I want dreamland to open more then anyone that i know, i have followed it incredibly closely. Even if the appeal is won then it could go as far as European courts. This can all take years! By which time the scenic railway is rotten away, or even worst the name 'dreamland' or 'margate' becomes forgotten. So i believe my post was taking all these factors into account. And i believe the fact i am a 'newbie' is irrelevant.

the developers are fighting the government now, clearly who ends up with ownership is a matter for the courts but as both parties are using the scenic in there plans, no reason why restoration cannot start in the new year :wink:
woody

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum