Save Dreamland Campaign Slideshow

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Save Dreamland Campaign Slideshow

Postby Nick » 06 Dec 2012, 22:35

I don't believe we ever posted this 2009 slideshow on here. It takes you on a nostalgic journey through the various eras of Dreamland's long history. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/5MUK7_FQRc4
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Re: Save Dreamland Campaign Slideshow

Postby davidjohn » 09 Dec 2012, 02:24

What a wonderful slideshow of Dreamlands past. This brings memories flooding back as a young teenager in the early 60s. I was just fifteen when I moved to Tenterden in Kent in the winter of1963. The following Summer, my parents took me to Margate to visit the famous Dreamland amusement park. Before I moved to Kent, I was used to much smaller parks at Southsea & Littlehampton, and the occasional trip to Battersea Park but nothing prepared me for Dreamland. My first sight of the Scenic Railway came from the multi story car park. The excitement mounted as we walked down through the entrance and into the main park. I was spoiled for choice, what to ride first. My Mother was a good sport, we rode the likes of the Scenic Railway, The Racing Coaster and The Whirlwind Racer. I can still hear her screams of laughter to this day. Margate lost the heart of the town when Dreamland closed. It has and must return to bring this famous Kentish seaside town back to it's former self . I'm now in my sixty fifth year, I would be one of the first through it's gates to re live my youth again, along with the countless people who have never experienced this Wonderful park we call Dreamland.
davidjohn

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum