Some Great Christmas News!!

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Some Great Christmas News!!

Postby Gary » 21 Dec 2012, 20:34

Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Re: Some Great Christmas News!!

Postby vann98 » 21 Dec 2012, 23:51

It may not be over yet but I'am glad to see things are picking up the pace a bit. I was expecting a date to be decided near the end of 2013, so to have it in March is good. I'am not the familiar with hearings and such but I was surprised to hear it will only cover two days. I was expecting the hearing to go on for at least a week. Of course this is also good news.

My question is, does the decision get decided within those two days or will we have to wait a few more months just to hear the final result of the CPO?

Either way. Some good end of year news.
vann98

Postby woody » 22 Dec 2012, 01:10

vann98 wrote:My question is, does the decision get decided within those two days or will we have to wait a few more months just to hear the final result of the CPO?.

depends on the lead judge, they can give no/part/full judgment on the day or judgment can be given in writing after

it is not the quick listing i expected (i made an application in nov got listed for jan) i am surprised the hearing is 2 days as most submissions are done in writing

i cannot see any reason why work on the scenic cannot start the first week of jan :wink:
woody

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 22 Dec 2012, 08:42

You need to start taking your elected officials to task.
This gives you just a couple months to prepare statements if there's open hearings.
Don't assume someone is fighting this for you. Get involved.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum