Jessica O'Carroll - I Dream Of Dreamland exhibit

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Jessica O'Carroll - I Dream Of Dreamland exhibit

Postby Cheryl » 10 Feb 2013, 20:06

My wonderfully talented daughter, Jessica is currently exhibiting at the Solihull Arts Complex. Her piece is about a 'place of significance', so she chose Dreamland. She took newspaper cuttings of Dreamland during the good times, made a collage of them in sepia for the background and then took photos at dusk (to add to the mood) of the bad days, she also used vintage Dreamland postcards showing the very good times! She hopes to do further exhibits in the future, hopefully showing Dreamlands return to glory. Whilst this piece is mixed media of print and photography she is also excellent at painting and life drawing. She is hoping to progress to univerisity to study architecture as she would like to be an Architect. Please click on the link if you would like to see her work. If the link does not automatically work, right click and open in new window.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151407436432427.501982.293371152426&type=1&l=0f4035f17d
Cheryl
Cheryl

Re: Jessica O'Carroll - I Dream Of Dreamland exhibit

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 11 Feb 2013, 20:29

Fantastic stuff, hope you don't mind if I post a couple of pics here!

Vince, Charlie and Sam

Re: Jessica O'Carroll - I Dream Of Dreamland exhibit

Postby Cheryl » 12 Feb 2013, 20:34

Hi Vince

No I don't mind you putting up some pictures, glad you have, I am simply hopeless at that sort of thing.
Glad you like Jessica's exhibit.

Cheers Cheryl.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum