Former Thanet District Council leader Sandy Ezekiel in Court

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Former Thanet District Council leader Sandy Ezekiel in Court

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 22 Feb 2013, 22:52

An ex-council leader has told a court he did not consider himself the buyer of a property he is accused of using confidential information to purchase.

Maurice "Sandy" Ezekiel, of Crow Hill, Broadstairs, is on trial at Maidstone Crown Court accused of misconduct in a public office and fraud.

The 59-year-old served as Tory leader of Thanet District Council in Kent for seven years between 2003 and 2010.

Phillip Emanuel, 64, from Margate, is accused of aiding and abetting fraud.

Mr Ezekiel and Mr Emanuel deny the charges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21542061
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Re: Former Thanet District Council leader Sandy Ezekiel in C

Postby porterm » 01 Mar 2013, 22:03

Hi all

This story really made my day earlier tonight on the local Meridian TV News; http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/ ... -of-fraud/

Justice has finally prevailed (always thought he looked "shifty" at our Campaign Council meetings I sat in on). Ironic too, that the events unfolded at my local Law Courts!

I reckon our US friend, Jim, from San Francisco will love reading this as I recall him once threatening the Thanet Council with some inside dealings he apparently unravelled.

Best regards, Martin
porterm

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 02 Mar 2013, 00:30

That I did.
It was quite obvious someone on the council was going to directly or indirectly profit form the sale of Dreamland.
I told them they were not following the will of the people, their job, and that I would come over and make it my life's ambition to find out who the guilty party was.
An airmail letter arrived PDQ addressing my concerns.
No coincidence, it was the next meeting that the long-argued rezoning finally didn't pass and suddenly the council was seeing things our way.

Hey, these are YOUR elected officials. I shouldn't have to lean on them from half way around the world.

It's never just A + B = C. You have to look further at D, E, and F.

For example, who on the council was related to someone likely to get a demolition or construction contract?

Usually the dirt isn't very far down, you just have to lift the carpet and look.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 08 Mar 2013, 23:16

Yup.
Unfortunately, corruption seems to run rampant and often unchecked in your country.

It goes on here, too, often in self-voted pay increases and ungodly bonuses for not taking all your vacation or sick days.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby EAS » 09 Mar 2013, 18:00

http://thanetgreens.wordpress.com/2013/ ... c-pickles/

Letter to Eric Pickles from Thanet Greens
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum