Phase 1 rides

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Phase 1 rides

Postby dreamland » 26 Mar 2013, 12:57

hello all this is for the one and only nick laister and other top campaign members ! i just wanted to know what rides will be installed for phaze 1 next year in 2014 ? im hoping that the wooden water shute will be in dreamland ! allso when dreamland was bemboms all the rides year in year out stayed in there same exact locations more or less and was not removed out of the park at the end of each season ! im hoping that this will still be the case when dreamland opens next year ? allso im hoping if the whole site is owned by the councill i think they should see how dreamland goes for a couple of years before that dicide to build houses on the other side of the site ! im saying this because im hoping that they will see sence and have dreamland on the whole entire site like bemboms did !
dreamland

Re: phaze 1 rides

Postby vince69619 » 26 Mar 2013, 17:24

I am not one of the people you were addressing when you wrote this question, but I think I know the answer to half of it. The water chute is going to take a lot of building work, the parts that were rescued, and I think I donated to that cause, were the basic machinery parts that would be hard to re-manufacture and so this leaves quite a bit of equipment. I suspect that this will not be possible in phase 1 and don't recall the chute being on the phase 1 plans from before.
vince69619

Re: Phase 1 rides

Postby kevinashe » 27 Mar 2013, 15:51

thats right the water chute will take time to build (in the future)as the boats pumps,cogs and wheels,possible chain lift and any other mechanical and electrical parts were removed as were the parts from southport funhouse which will be in phase 2.Phase 1 will include rides already stored and of course the scenic
kevinashe

Postby dreamland » 27 Mar 2013, 20:27

we need a rides list posted on here so we know whats in store for 2014 ! i allso want to see maps and leaflets on dreamland at the visitors information building next to turner centre !
dreamland

Postby Nick » 28 Mar 2013, 08:03

The rides list keeps fluctuating as new opportunities arise. However, we cannot finalise it until the CPO process is complete as rides can become unavailable.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 05 Apr 2013, 19:49

...and you're either in or out.
Ask how you can help. Just don't sit around waiting for others to fight for and open the park.
It takes people. If you're reading this, that means YOU.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum