The Waiting Game: Meridian News Report

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

The Waiting Game: Meridian News Report

Postby Gary » 29 Mar 2013, 18:57

Time to warm to the words of Cllr Clive Hart, take a deep breath, count to 10 and bite your lips at the words of Mr Hunter.. and continue to believe:

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2013-03-22/margates-waiting-game-will-dream-come-true/
Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Re: The Waiting Game: Meridian News Report

Postby Cheryl » 31 Mar 2013, 09:51

Thanks for the link, I have just watched it with some annoyance.

I am becoming really exasperated with the news items on Dreamland, particularly the constant references to Dreamland Live funding a modern amusement park. As far as we can see their 'amusement park' is no more than an undergound simulator ride. They claim they will restore the Scenic Railway, but no where does it state that this will be operating, we feel it will be merely 'an ornament'.

Until this is made clearer to the wider public, I really don't know how opinion will go on this. I personally think people will lean towards supporting the wrong proposal, due to misinformed TV news articles. Hope I'm wrong.

We are waiting with bated breath on the CPO and hoping that the decision goes in our favour, but you can never tell what a judge thinks, this is one man's decision.

I have optimism though and look forward to the opening of a much treasured Dreamland.
Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby vann98 » 31 Mar 2013, 14:06

I was always led to believe that under MCTRC the fun park section would be more of a small area for fairground rides to come and go as they please which could also double up as an events space if the need arises. I also understood that as well as the 4d experience there would be one or two of the Dreamland Trust's classic vintage rides.
With that in mind, using the word "modern" in news clips like that is pretty misleading to me.

On a slightly unrelated note, I do hope that the cinema building will be spruced up a little before it reopens.The structure of it may be repaired but I can't help feel the exterior is looking a little untidy. For example the white painted brick where the cinema sign used to be, and the dilapidated canopy below the iconic vertical signage.
vann98

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 05 Apr 2013, 19:42

Even their name is a direct attempt at deception.
Perhaps arsonists should teach their owners a lesson. Jerks.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum