trees greenery and flowers

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

trees greenery and flowers

Postby dreamland » 09 May 2013, 21:05

iam hoping to see trees planted in dreamland as there was a wooded area behind the scenic railway back in the day and there was allso lots of greenery and flowers that i would like to see back in the park to make it look beautifull again
dreamland

Re: trees greenery and flowers

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 30 May 2013, 22:25

You've been around long enough to see the master plan.
Now, what you need to do once the purchase goes through is contact Nick or come here to see how you can volunteer with the gardening and grounds staff to get that stuff put in.
We all want to see things, but someone needs to do them.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby James C » 31 May 2013, 12:48

Yes, good point.

Why don't you spearhead this Dreamland, as well as the anniversary celebrations? You seem like a well-connected and respected member of the Forum, why don't you make a start? Spearheading isn't easy but spearheading here will get people on board to help.
James C

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 31 May 2013, 16:48

I'm assuming that the Trust will take care of the call to arms. I'm all set to offer what little help I can, when I can.

Has anyone created a database of the volunteers that are ready to help out? It would be sensible to identify the skills that supporters of the Save Dreamland campaign are able to offer. Anyone in the Trust reading this to let us know how volunteers are going to be managed?

Cheers!

Rob
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby vince69619 » 31 May 2013, 21:59

I seem to remember that Jan L. was the person to contact regarding Volunteering.

Vince.
vince69619

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 13 Jun 2013, 00:01

That can all be done fairly quickly once we have the keys, so to speak.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum