Two weeks

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Two weeks

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 30 Jul 2013, 05:27

Has it really been two weeks since anyone (me) has posted?

What's going on? What's news?
I can't be the only one interested.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Re: Two weeks

Postby reggie » 30 Jul 2013, 06:20

Your not the only one interested.

I always keep an eye on this forum to see how things are going as when the park is back up and running I will be making a trip down to Margate (from Derbyshire) to go on the rides.

I imagine the lack of news is due to people being on holiday and busy with there children.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
reggie

Postby vince69619 » 30 Jul 2013, 09:52

If you read the newsletter you will see we are waiting for the CPO to complete and there is yet another attempt to appeal by the landowners.
vince69619

Postby porf » 30 Jul 2013, 11:26

Personal opinion:

It feels to me that most of what's currently going on is by and within the Dreamland Trust or by and within TDC.
The news the Trust puts out can be primarily found elsewhere (their newletter, site, facebook page and twitter feed). This feels to me to often be a rather one-way feed.

There doesn't currently seem to be much going on that interfaces well with the Campaign forum.
This forum doesn't seem very relevant currently.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby aweber1us » 30 Jul 2013, 14:04

I find the two face book pages to be very good and well used, The Dreamland Trust web site is also good for news. Its a shame that most of the news hits home from the papers first these days.
Im not sure that the Save Dreamland site is now in use as its not had any up dates for a while now? I think like a lot of people im just lost with it all and wonder how many appeal hearings there is going to be.
aweber1us

Postby anthony » 30 Jul 2013, 14:23

I check this forum a few times a week but feel I've lost the thread of where the campaign is at; what exactly is happening?; what is the general state of play? Everytime it seems things have moved forward a new delay appears. I know a huge amount of effort has been ploughed into the campaign, and this effort continues, but I'm just voicing my frustrations! :(
anthony

Postby kevinashe » 30 Jul 2013, 20:05

i still float back and forward for a read,okay im not the most prolific poster but if i want to ask anything i know somebody on here will be able to find out.Just hope work can get started on the scenic before winter as when the gales appear i start getting concerned
kevinashe

Postby Vince, Charlie and Sam » 30 Jul 2013, 21:24

I still check in every week, normally two or three times a week but I just don't feel I have anything meaningful to say. Yes, I hope Dreamland re-opens, yes I think it's a shame that the Scenic Railway burnt down but there are only so many times I can say it. It's now all in the hands of people over whom I have absolutely no influence whatsoever so I don't generally post.

If Dreamland ever re-opens I guarantee I'll be the most prolific poster.
Vince, Charlie and Sam

Postby vann98 » 30 Jul 2013, 22:31

The fact is, until some fresh news comes our way, we are going to have little to discuss. I check this forum daily for updates as well as searching the net for news articles.

Until the CPO is finalized or the next Appeal begins, I see little reason to post purely for the sake of it.

I know I have basically repeated what others have said but it is just my personal opinion. Things will change when news becomes available.
vann98

Postby vince69619 » 02 Aug 2013, 21:47

There you go, some news today!

Vince.
vince69619

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 02 Aug 2013, 22:18

To be honest, it has got to the stage now where I almost can't bear to look on this forum, never mind contribute.

The good news that Vince mentioned is a vesting order that could allow us to get the keys while we await the result of the latest appeal by the end of August.

However, the vesting order has a 28-day period for the current owners to vacate the site. Given their apparent desire to cling on to the site in an attempt to destroy any chance of Dreamland returning to life, and the rest of Margate as a result, can you see the MTCRC vacating the site until the very end of those 28 days? By that time, they might not even need to, thanks to the ridiculous situation regarding the multiple appeals.
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby vann98 » 02 Aug 2013, 22:25

While I would usually agree with the above statement, in the latest newsletter there is a brief mention that MCTRC have already begun removing their property from the site. I can't see it being a huge drawback either way.

In other news. I find it amusing how the "Dreamland Live" name change never catched on.
vann98

Postby aweber1us » 03 Aug 2013, 07:21

What property did they have on site it's been empty and derelict for years . I guess they will be removing all the light bulbs and copper pipes .
aweber1us

Postby James C » 06 Aug 2013, 11:21

What's been going on in the last two weeks?

Well, I bought a new microwave, and several bags of nails from B & Q. Watched a fair bit of telly, work has been a bit dull recently. Had a day out in Leigh-on-Sea, very nice, had a couple of drinks and watched the sea. The neighbours have bought a new dog, and it barks quite a bit at night.

With Dreamland, I walked past once in the last two weeks and it still looks the same.
James C

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum