Gate opening and art auction on the 16th Nov - Tickets?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Gate opening and art auction on the 16th Nov - Tickets?

Postby dreamland » 24 Oct 2013, 11:04

hello how do i get tickets for this event on the 16th november ? how much will they be each ?
dreamland

Re: tickets

Postby Nick » 24 Oct 2013, 22:04

Do you mean the daytime event or the evening auction?
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby dreamland » 25 Oct 2013, 12:45

do you need tickets for both then seperatly ? whats the auction thing ? whats happening there ?
dreamland

Postby vann98 » 25 Oct 2013, 16:04

The daytime event is free. It is only the art auction that you require tickets for.
vann98

Postby Silverarrow » 27 Oct 2013, 00:38

As this is my first post on the forum i'd just like to say that I've been following the progress with Dreamland for a while and am very impressed and pleased with what I've been hearing! Great work!

Does anyone know when the big clear day is/have any more details about it? I live a little way away but would love to come and support the cause so am trying to work out which day(s) would be best to make the trip. I did email about volunteering (if only to help with some online stuff) but I presume everyone is really busy with all the progress going on with the site of late (and I'm sure there are tonnes of people who have offered their help!)!
Silverarrow

Postby porf » 27 Oct 2013, 09:27

Hi,

The latest newsletter from The Dreamland Trust (http://www.dreamlandmargate.com) came out on the 26th October and had a bit more info on the events of the 16th - but not much on the Big Clean up yet. I suspect more will be put out at/after the events on the 16th. You can sign up get these newsletters via email.

The newsletters usually also get mentioned in the news section of this site. A direct link to the newsletter is http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailway/documents/2013OCTOBERNEWSLETTER.pdf

For volunteering there's a link on the trust's site labelled "get involved" which then goes to a page with a "volunteering" link. That would be the best/most official way of getting involved.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Re: Gate opening and art auction on the 16th Nov - Tickets?

Postby Silverarrow » 27 Oct 2013, 23:32

Hi porf, thanks for the links, I don't think i'd seen the newsletter before so that will be a good read (and i'll make sure to sign up for them)! I did email the volunteers/get involved email address but I do expect that everything is busy/they are inundated at the moment. Thanks for the links though!

I shall await more info on the big clear day and see then whether I can make a trip east!
Silverarrow

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum