Is The Great Clear-Up Day invite only?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Is The Great Clear-Up Day invite only?

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 24 Nov 2013, 17:15

After the brilliant Open Day last weekend, I can't wait to get my hands dirty. I have received an e-mail from the volunteer co-ordinator (well, I received three in fact), but the wording did seem to imply that we'd be invited to come down to Dreamland "at the next volunteering opportunity" - there was no "looking forward to see you at The Great Clear-Up Day on 30th November".

I was planning on just heading down to Dreamland for 10am-ish next weekend - is that going to be appropriate?

Cheers,

Rob
SuburbanHomeboy

Re: Is The Great Clear-Up Day invite only?

Postby dave771 » 24 Nov 2013, 17:55

Probably best to contact Jan Leandro, email jan@dreamlandmargate.com
Please dont waffle our Walter !
dave771

Postby Silverarrow » 25 Nov 2013, 23:33

A few people have been saying that the limit on people allowed in the park at any one time (Health and Safety) might be an issue for the Big Clear Day. It may be that they've allocated particular days to people or that they haven't yet decided how to do it. It's mostly aimed at local people so maybe they assume that people can come along at relatively short notice. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Silverarrow

Postby porf » 26 Nov 2013, 10:30

Dan who I believe is organising this has details at:

http://www.wewillgather.co.uk/margate-volunteer-projects/dreamland-the-big-clean-with-wewillgather-1150

Looks pretty open to all. Would be a shame if mixed messages or unclear communications caused people to not attend.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 26 Nov 2013, 11:18

Well I sent an e-mail back to the guy who sent me the "we'll let you know" e-mail originally, but no response as yet.

Edit: And now I have heard - General invite to all volunteers. 10:50am for an 11:00am start!

Can't wait!
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby vann98 » 30 Nov 2013, 16:54

Did anyone manage to make it down in the end? I saw a picture of the clean up on Facebook which seemed to be progressing well.
vann98

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 30 Nov 2013, 19:55

I was there - it was a great way to spend the day. A HUGE sense of achievement at the end when we looked back at the clear block paving that had been completely hidden by moss and weeds just a few hours before. A few pics and a Vine @CoastinBear on Twitter. Hash tag #LoveDreamland
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby Pete McFeet » 03 Dec 2013, 23:41

Pete McFeet

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum