Dreamland learning centre open in spring

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland learning centre open in spring

Postby dreamland » 10 Dec 2013, 20:50

Hello I understand that a dreamland learning centre will be open in spring next year and just wanted to know what it was all about and what kind of things you can do there and see ? If nick or anyone knows anything please post it here , cheers :D
dreamland

Re: Dreamland learning centre open in spring

Postby Nick » 10 Dec 2013, 22:55

dreamland wrote:Hello I understand that a dreamland learning centre will be open in spring next year and just wanted to know what it was all about and what kind of things you can do there and see ? If nick or anyone knows anything please post it here , cheers :D

The Dreamland Vintage Arcade Visitor and Learning Centre will open Spring 2014. It will be a fully fledged visitor centre where you can meet the Dreamland team and find out about the project. There will be exhibitions and displays, and a collection of vintage slot machines to whet the appetite for the full opening of Dreamland in 2015. We also have a few surprises up our sleeve, so watch this space.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Re: Dreamland learning centre open in spring

Postby dreamland » 10 Dec 2013, 23:11

Can you please get some vintage one arm bandits and electro mechanical fruit machines from the 1970s ? I would love to see a collection of them and have a chance to play on them
dreamland

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum