A Judicial Review???

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

A Judicial Review???

Postby Gary » 15 Mar 2014, 21:13

Please pass through the turnstiles if you are riding again.
Gary

Re: A Judicial Review???

Postby vann98 » 16 Mar 2014, 13:05

Wouldn't worry too much. Alot has happened since TDC acquired the site and with plans in full swing, overwhelming public support, and MCTRC's track record for failed appeal attempts, a result in their favour is minimal I would imagine. Let them waste their cash. They seem to be good at that.
vann98

Postby Peet » 16 Mar 2014, 16:15

Presumably plans to reopen the park will continue and won't be delayed by this?

When is work due to begin by the way?
Peet

Postby woody » 17 Mar 2014, 09:28

standard practice, i believe they can only offer compensation but not alter the decision
woody

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 18 Mar 2014, 17:54

woody wrote:standard practice, i believe they can only offer compensation but not alter the decision

Ah yes! Money rears its ugly head again.

Well, I hope any judicial review will take into account the money they should have spent on the Listed Cinema Building which, while in their ownership, was apparently allowed to deteriorate so badly that, unless Save Dreamland forked out to get most of the brickwork repointed, would have rendered the building unusable.

Also, we need to claim for the replacement cost of the rides that were "removed" (there is another word beginning with "s" that I feel is far more appropriate) and scrapped.

I think the MTCRC was probably the worst-named organisation in the history of regeneration...
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 02 Apr 2014, 23:40

Yes! That stuff, too.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum