Mechanical robot animals for cages

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Mechanical robot animals for cages

Postby dreamland » 28 Sep 2014, 09:59

In the cages that we have in dreamland I think we should have mechanical robot animals in the cages that move around in the cages as they would of when there was real animals in them or we could have stuffed animals in them to make the cages more interesting when dreamland opens and visitors view the cages , i think it's a brilliant idea and I want to hear what nick has to say about my idea
dreamland

Re: Mechanical robot animals for cages

Postby Nick » 28 Sep 2014, 22:43

I think that having something mechanical in the cages (not live animals) is a great idea. We are still finalising what will be inside the cages and you may find that we do something like this. But it may not be possible to get the public right up to the cages in the first year as it would mean opening up that raised embankment. But the cages do form part of Phase 1 and they will be saved. At the moment they are in a very poor state and unsafe.
Nick
www.joylandbooks.com
The Home of Amusement Park Books
Nick
Site Admin

Postby dreamland » 29 Sep 2014, 05:30

Well I do look faward to something like that happening for the cages as it would be a shame if there's nothing inside them as we want to make them more interesting when visitors view them
dreamland

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 29 Sep 2014, 21:29

Since you are using the word "we," I'll assume you're ready to actually help make this happen. You may want to contact Nick or someone to see how you can actually get involved.
Perhaps you could investigate animatronics or sources that would be interested in investing in them.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby woody » 30 Sep 2014, 07:17

Godden's sons? :lol:
woody

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum