Tesco ditches plans to build huge superstore on Margate seaf

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Tesco ditches plans to build huge superstore on Margate seaf

Postby kevin » 10 Oct 2014, 16:37

kevin

Re: Tesco ditches plans to build huge superstore on Margate

Postby vann98 » 10 Oct 2014, 16:45

I have to say, I am relieved. The only disappointing factor is the site now has no set future and could remain in its current state for many more years. Still once Dreamland is up and running again, hopefully a more sensible proposal will be thought up for the Arlington site.
vann98

Postby dreamland » 10 Oct 2014, 18:02

More room for dreamland I would say ! We could build steps going up from dreamland up on to the top landing of the car park
dreamland

Postby davidjohn » 11 Oct 2014, 00:08

An extention to Dreamland with perhaps a themed hotel with each room decorated in amusement park artwork.
davidjohn

Postby EAS » 11 Oct 2014, 22:56

It's good news, hopefully something better can be done with the site...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby Phillerz » 13 Oct 2014, 18:41

If it wernt for dreamland id be sad. But although Tesco is better better than nothing. Anything is better than Tesco. Dreamland will fuel demand for something there.

I can just imagine a fixed up car park multi story and something for tourists in front. A Aquarium maybe.... if not then resturants etc is still nice. I like the images shown on arlington hous's website :)
Phillerz

Postby vann98 » 13 Oct 2014, 18:55

I don't think it needs to be any kind of extension to Dreamland. There is plenty of remaining space for when rides become available. Would be nice if they did install some kind of attractive public space/leisure attraction though I don't think 'Freshwater' are into that kind of thing.
A more practical proposal would be for the retention of the car park for the foreseeable future with the land eventually making way to a mixed use scheme similar to what was proposed for Dreamland.
vann98

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum