Final Ride Line up?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Final Ride Line up?

Postby Phillerz » 23 Jan 2015, 02:47

Ive seen two completely different master plans for the site.

Older plan: http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailway/images/2810_ProposedMasterPlan_200.jpg
newer plan: http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailway/documents/masterplan-phase5.jpg

The one on the left appears to be the older plan? Which shows the river caves and log flume as well as the other rides that were listed on the dreamland website until the update.

But on the newer plan there are rides that i wassnt aware of such as a water slide. Anyone have any ideas what this water slide is?
or what an 'animal cavalcade station' or 'veteran station' is?

The newer plan is also titled 'phase5' i wanna see 1,2,3 and 4 :o.

I know not all the rides can be build on one phase. However this master plan does not seem to allow any space for:
    water chute
    river caves
    two bembom era rides
    cable car
    meteorite
    caterpillar
    mirror maze
    Haunted swing

http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailway/heritageamusementparkrides.htm

ImageImage

Do we know the final ride line up? And if the newer plan is the ultimate goal, Does that mean we can never expect to see the log flume, river caves etc? As there is no remaining space? Or is there a newer masterplan. I thought that now being in 2015 there would be a clearer idea of what the actual ride line up will be.

My only thought is that the 'waterslide' pool will be used in the log flume and the 'guest ride' area will be removed to make space for the caves and logflume in the south of the park?

just wish i could see and examine all the upto date plans =D I was a bit of a sado the other day and tried to make the whole park, by the plans on roller coaster tycoon...... Becoming a bit obsessed :roll:

Is there somewhere with the upto date plans and rides?
Phillerz

Re: Final Ride Line up?

Postby aweber1us » 23 Jan 2015, 16:41

The two park plans are from the land MTCRC were going to sell to the project as far as i know. There has been no final ride line up on the Dreamland Web site yet or park design. I am told that the Scenic is on a twelve month contract so that will take it into Sept 15 before its complete. Two rides are nearly complete with David Littleboys with a third being worked on. Im not sure there are any other rides being restored at the moment.
aweber1us

Postby Phillerz » 23 Jan 2015, 18:08

aweber1us wrote:The two park plans are from the land MTCRC were going to sell to the project as far as i know. There has been no final ride line up on the Dreamland Web site yet or park design. I am told that the Scenic is on a twelve month contract so that will take it into Sept 15 before its complete. Two rides are nearly complete with David Littleboys with a third being worked on. Im not sure there are any other rides being restored at the moment.

I believe their plans were like this:

The two plans i listed were by the dreamland trust at different times. And the ride list has listed many rides as being 'in storage'. I looked at all the planning permissions last night, it seems that the building is due to be finished by June (According to the GANT chart on thanet planning website). And i heard that the scenic would take 10 months? So that should take us to the summer holidays ish....

Just wish i won the lottery and could donate a few million to build it all in one phase :lol:
Phillerz

Postby AJ » 24 Jan 2015, 21:44

I think you maybe confused with what Aweber1us means when he says the about the 2 plans & MTCRC. MTCRC were originally only going to give over (I think) a third of the site, the land to the west of the Scenic as shown on those 2 plans. But when TDC won the CPO it was for the entire Dreamland site so much larger than in those plans. So far there hasn't been any plans released or made public as far as I'm aware incorporating the entire site.
AJ

Postby kevinashe » 28 Jan 2015, 13:23

i think the classic kiddie rides that were being worked on the junior and large whip, astro swirl and wild mouse were all in phase one.The second phase was to include the river caves (workings from southport),haunted house (workings also from southport) and the water chute (workings from rhyl).These will probably only be built when funds allow
kevinashe

Postby aweber1us » 28 Jan 2015, 13:52

Im not sure any of the rides you have listed are now in phase one or even being worked on?
aweber1us

Postby kevinashe » 30 Jan 2015, 14:50

i would have thought that the wild mouse would have been quite straighforward as it has a massive amount of work done on it when it relocatedto pleasureland from southport and i would have thought both the whips and astro swirl would be the same as bpb has looked after them althogh it depends on how they have been stored and where they have been stored for the 2 or 3 years
kevinashe

Postby vince69619 » 30 Jan 2015, 15:15

When I saw the whip at bpb it was looking deserted and quite sad for itself, so from that distance, it didn't look well maintained.

Vince.
vince69619

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 30 Jan 2015, 15:35

I volunteered for the big clean-up operation the year before last. It was hard work scraping the moss and other unwanted foliage from the block-paving, but the sense of achievement at the end was quite something.

The full-size Whip from Blackpool was laid out in the middle of the paved area between the Scenic and the Arlington House side of the park. The floor sections, with the metal plates, the two pulley wheels, cable guides, cables and even the motors were open to the elements. They were looking rather manky, to say the least, and having seen other, similar rides being restored, I'd guess that the floor sections will all need replacing by now. The plates were pretty rusty the last time I rode the Whip at Blackpool. The metal sections that make up the pulley wheels will probably be fine after a good sand blasting. There was track from the Wild Mouse sitting out in the open as well, but that will have been treated with weatherproof paints so should be in fairly good nick.

The main problem will have been the lack of undercover storage space available for such big rides. There are some great rides in the final stages of restoration that are due to go into the park this year - even if they are supported by other rides that will not form part of the final Dreamland, it will be great to see the place open once more.
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby aweber1us » 01 Feb 2015, 13:51

David Littleboys is restoring a full size Rocket ride, Savage four abreast carousel , a double decker kids round about and a set of Dodgems. He has a site on Facebook were you see all the above Dreamland rids as well as his own projects. The full size whip stood for many years without use at Bpb and would be a major project. I think the junior whip is in a much better state of repair and tenders have gone out for its repair?
aweber1us

Postby kevinashe » 02 Feb 2015, 18:41

it amazing how the elements especially the sea air destroy things very quicky,blackpools whip was under over and although it hadnt ran at least it was protected,junior whip ran right up until it was dismantled anyway it will be a grand day when they are all fully restored
kevinashe

Postby aweber1us » 03 Feb 2015, 09:42

The other ride we are not hearing much about is the Caterpillar from Southport. That was in fair order for its age when it was removed, cant wait to see one working again.
aweber1us

Postby Phillerz » 04 Feb 2015, 21:33

aweber1us wrote:set of Dodgem

I was just reading on http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/ David commented on there confirming the dodgems arnt going to dreamland by the looks of things. On that note its a shame his waltzer cant go to dreamland either. Cant have a heratige theme park without a waltzer :o
Phillerz

Postby AJ » 04 Feb 2015, 22:58

Don't forget that a number of storage containers where emptied and the contents 'dispersed' of in the dying days of the previous land owners.
AJ

Postby woody » 05 Feb 2015, 07:57

Phillerz wrote:
aweber1us wrote:set of Dodgem

I was just reading on http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/ David commented on there confirming the dodgems arnt going to dreamland by the looks of things.

dodgems are going
woody

Next

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum