Dreamland Media Promotion

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Dreamland Media Promotion

Postby porterm » 27 Jan 2015, 02:47

Hi all

My first post in what feels like an age! Firstly, may I wish a belated happy new year to one and all.

I was very pleased to see Dreamland's proposed 2015 opening featured in last Sunday's Holiday 2015 section in the Sunday Mirror. Margate featured in the top places to go this year.

Meanwhile, last Friday's Kent Messenger highlighted the renaissance of Margate's Dreamland and Folkestone's seafront as grabbing headlines on the leisure front in their business section. (I must say I was unaware of Folkestone's situation).

A flurry of media stories can surely only be good for the revived park's relaunch year.

Martin
porterm

Re: Dreamland Media Promotion

Postby kevin » 27 Jan 2015, 19:48

Given the current state of the site and the Scenic Railway, as viewed last Sunday, I am wondering if a 2015 opening is somewhat optimistic?
kevin

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 27 Jan 2015, 22:20

To be fair, there is no opening date yet. The website is asking people to register to be the first to know when that opening date will be.

David Littleboy is doing a great job restoring a number of rides at the moment - all seem to be on schedule. I hope that things are going on inside the buildings that we can't see as yet - the Expo was a promising start last summer, completed fairly quickly, drawing in a significant number of people and showcasing the rather splendid branding.

Mind you - I'd also feel a lot happier right now if there were more visible signs of the new park under construction. Having newly rebuilt sections of the scenic fall over didn't really inspire me with confidence, but the website tells me they are catching up on their schedule now.
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby Phillerz » 28 Jan 2015, 04:45

I think they must be aiming to open on the summer holidays. I heard 10 months for the scenic (June ish) and the gantt charts (On thanet planning site) said construction on the building was due to end in june + the time it would take to move in.... Kind of suggests July to me.

Its hard to know how much of the landscaping they will do to begin. Would it be worth par opening this summer, to be 'officially' opened next year? Either way im sure we will all get to ride the scenic at leased this summer. It is still january after all, im sure they will get it all done on time =D
Phillerz

Postby sparky230 » 28 Jan 2015, 12:24

I believe until a lot of the work is completed on the Scenic no one else can work on site, due to Health and Safety Rules, I know talking to people I know in trade from when I used to test fairground ride wiring, there's a lot of rides lined up ready to roll, but people have signed agreements to keep quite.
The hints from the trade are summer Holiday opening, but there are rumours about something special at easter?
All we can do is Speculate until something gets announced.
sparky230

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 02 Mar 2015, 23:19

Honestly, a delay would work in my favor (I know, very one-sided), as I decided to take some classes that don't end until May. The sooner I know, the sooner I can plan my trip. I'm coming form the USA.

I have to be there to see how all of my threat letters to the council paid off. ;)
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Postby vince69619 » 03 Mar 2015, 16:58

Great to hear your coming over Kyle!!!

Vince.
vince69619

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum