The whole site as a heriatage amusement park

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

The whole site as a heriatage amusement park

Postby dreamland » 10 Mar 2015, 21:38

I know that dreamland will be progressing with phase 1 and phase 2 but I think there should allso be a phase 3 and 4 ! Once we can see that we are pulling in hundreds and thousands of tourists and day trippers In to dreamland every year I really do think that the whole site should become a heriatage amusement park with no houses or anything planned on the empty spaces it should just be dreamland only ! I'm sure that many of you would agree ! I certianly do !
dreamland

Re: The whole site as a heriatage amusement park

Postby vann98 » 11 Mar 2015, 13:53

There are other phases planned (or have been talks of them in the past) that I am sure will become clearer once the park is open.
I am sure if it is a success, the park will gradually start expanding onto the west side. Pretty sure in the early years it is simply going to be used as an event space and overflow carpark. Doubt housing would be a consideration seeing as MTCRC is out the picture.
vann98

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum