Problems with online ticket booking for Dreamland party?

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Problems with online ticket booking for Dreamland party?

Postby EAS » 27 Mar 2015, 12:24

I booked two day tickets for Dreamland opening 19th June via the website.

All arrived OK, with etickets attached to the email to print out (not my favourite way of getting tickets I have to say...)

I then booked two tickets for the evening Hullabaloo, which all seemed to work OK too, and the confirmation email arrived... with no etickets attached.

I went back to the website and yes on the history part for my booking all confirmed. The attachments there for the day tickets work, the PDF opens.

The PDF for the party tickets doesn't open.

I hope others haven't had this problem, but to be on the safe side suggest double checking you have the attachment and it works!

I have tried both the phone number (which doesn't work) and the enquiries@dreamland.co.uk email, which was returned as unavailable.

"This email is confirmation of your booking to visit Dreamland along with your fast track e-ticket(s). You must print the attachment and bring this with you on the day of your visit in order to gain entry.

If you have a question in relation to your booking please email enquiries@dreamland.co.uk or call +44 (0)123 456789"

So far not very good!
Attachments
Dreamland website tickets.png
Dreamland website tickets.png (43.1 KiB) Viewed 9023 times
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Re: Problems with online ticket booking for Dreamland party?

Postby porf » 27 Mar 2015, 14:17

Same issue here.

I've only booked for the evening. Email has no attachment and the PDF links on the Events page fail to open.

Doh!
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby EAS » 27 Mar 2015, 14:23

I've been given another email to try which hasn't bounced back >

office @ dreamland.co.uk ( missing out the spaces of course!)

The enquiries @ one didn't work, bounced back, the phone number appears to not exist as nothing happens when I try it!

I suppose we have a few weeks to sort it all out...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: Rule 76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
EAS

Postby EAS » 27 Mar 2015, 15:59

UPDATE

I've had a reply to the email I sent to office @ dreamland.co.uk (which is not the email address given in the booking confirmation emails and I still don't have a working telephone number)

"Thank you for your email.

Due to the vast amount of ticket sales we are currently experiencing a minor difficulty with some attachments that are not sending.

Please be assured that your tickets are safe and that we endeavour to get them to you as soon as possible.

Warm regards"
EAS

Postby porf » 27 Mar 2015, 16:03

I got a reply from the office@ email address

Due to the vast amount of ticket sales we are currently experiencing a minor difficulty with some attachments that are not sending
Please be assured that your tickets are safe and that we endevour to get them to you as soon as possible.

I'm sure it'll all get sorted, but rather question their choice of ticket/payment platform when the booking reference for my tickets was in the low 700s, it's not exactly Glastonbury :roll:
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby EAS » 27 Mar 2015, 16:22

I agree but at least we managed to get a reply and hopefully eventually party tickets will be sent!

I don't like etickets. My printer is very iffy...

Not very impressed that neither the email nor the phone number given in the booking confirmation email actually work. Nor is there a phone number on the booking site that I can find, though it suggests there should be? I did also try emailing from the site link but had no reply from that.

Early days I suppose, hopefully all sorted out soon... fingers crossed... and our party tickets are booked... good there has been a high volume of demand?
Attachments
Dreamland site.png
Dreamland site.png (869.21 KiB) Viewed 8990 times
EAS

Postby porf » 31 Mar 2015, 08:54

My Hullabaloo tickets are now showing in the online account and printable from there.

I didn't get a copy via email or any notification that the online account had been updated to hold them.

But they're there - so if you're similarly affected it's worth keeping an eye on your ticket account.

I expect a fair few people on the evening will be going "what tickets?"
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby EAS » 31 Mar 2015, 09:24

Thanks for that, I'll check now, though it would have been useful of we had also been emailed with the tickets as an update and if the contact details in the emails sent had actually been correct.

Last time I looked the PDF was there on the booking site, but wouldn't open when clicked.

Yes I agree, I suspect many will not have appreciated the tickets weren't attached to the confirmation emails and there will be a certain amount of confusion on the night!
EAS

Postby Neil » 21 Apr 2015, 17:22

I posted a lot in the early days, although not so much recently. I just wanted to give everyone a shout out to say that I'll also be there on opening day, so finally able to put some faces to names. See you all real soon.
Neil Wilson
Neil

Postby kevinashe » 06 May 2015, 17:23

gutted that after all the ups and downs,with me being at the other end of the country we wont be able to be there, infact i have never ever been to margate but i still want to wish nick and everybody involved every success with the opening day
kevinashe

Postby EAS » 11 Jun 2015, 16:56

So, I received an email a while ago to tell me that my e tickets could now be collected from the Dreamland site. For reasons of not having a working printer I left it, but as opening date is now approaching I got things working.

And the site won't recognize either my email address or my password.

Sigh.

Sad to hear Scenic isn't going to be open, as it's a 700 mile round trip. Oh well!
EAS

Postby porf » 11 Jun 2015, 17:16

EAS :

Looks like the ticket site wants a user id rather than an email as the login. I had no idea what my userid was.

If you use the lower section of the "forgot password" page you can put first + last names and email in and it'll send you a mail with the userid in alongside a link to reset the password.

For me knowing the userid was enough to be able to get in. In my case it wasn't my email address.
Paul Freeman
porf
Site Admin

Postby EAS » 11 Jun 2015, 18:00

That didn't work either, still kept saying invalid ID, but then I seemed able to log in using a different browser. That's after I emailed Dreamland of course!

Printer is out of ink, but I've at least downloaded the PDF tickets... what marathon! :D :D
EAS

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum