THE NEW RIDE LINE UP

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Re: THE NEW RIDE LINE UP

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 02 Sep 2015, 14:10

Hi Kimberley - welcome aboard!

I'm hoping that the specially-decorated Waveswinger makes it back into the park. It was just on the right as you entered the ride area, but was only half-constructed on opening day. When it was removed, the Speedway took its place.

We have some great rides coming from David Littleboy's restoration team, which I'm really looking forward to...

Rob
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby David Littleboy » 02 Sep 2015, 14:50

The situation with the wave swinger isn't clear at the moment and the Speedway will be coming out in October to make way for the Ghost Train on that spot. In the New Year the ghost train will move elsewhere in the park, the Speedway will hopefully return and the situation with the wave swinger should be clarified by then. One thing I can tell you is things will keep moving and changing and more interesting things will come and go along the way so keep visiting :-)
David Littleboy

Postby aweber1us » 04 Sep 2015, 09:30

I thought i was going mad , there was a Wave swinger half built up on openining day. i couldnt place what was missing were the Speedway is now.
aweber1us

Postby Jim Douglas Jr. » 08 Sep 2015, 19:17

Antiques. Issues. All worked out in time.
Kyle & Herbie the Love Bug lll53
Jim Douglas Jr.

Previous

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum