Scenic salvage wood

The Save Dreamland Campaign was launched by Joyland Books in January 2003 and is now supported by several thousand people. This is the place to discuss all aspects of saving Margate's famous amusement park and its iconic , Grade II listed Scenic Railway, Britain's oldest roller coaster.

Moderators: dave771, porf, Sarah

Scenic salvage wood

Postby dreamland » 30 Mar 2015, 11:19

I knew as soon as these peices of wood would be given out for free they would end up on eBay ! I think it's discusting people putting them on eBay as people are making money for free that could of been used for dreamland !
dreamland

Re: Scenic salvage wood

Postby SuburbanHomeboy » 30 Mar 2015, 12:46

...or been given to people who would actually treasure something like this, but don't live within the small area that contains the only people the new management believe actually matter.
SuburbanHomeboy

Postby sparky230 » 31 Mar 2015, 10:29

I understand that ebay are looking into this and removing the pieces from sale, be interesting how this pans out
sparky230

Postby aweber1us » 31 Mar 2015, 12:25

I have no problem with this as it allows someone like myself to buy one, im someone that would treasure it.
aweber1us

Postby Phillerz » 01 Apr 2015, 20:30

I lined up for ages for my piece of wood. But after an hour i had to run. I was going to offer mine to someone on here after i saw some of you were upset not having the chance to have it. Therefore im not against people selling theirs, if it means that it ends up with someone who wants it. However i do feel that dreamland should have sold some themselves, saturate the market with them. That makes them not worth selling for anyone else, and raises some cash!
Phillerz

Return to Save Dreamland Campaign Forum